Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme popups disable my website after upgrading the weaver theme

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    monere
    Participant

Hi,

I just upgraded Weaver to latest version and now, whenever I access the website a lot of popups are disabling sections of my website.

I recorded a short (less than 1 minute) video to show you what I mean, so please have a look at it and tell me how to fix this annoying issue. Also, please disregard the blue thundershare.net watermark in the center of the screen, that’s the doing of the free version of my screen recording software, so I can’t remove it.

https://ufile.io/xqyo3bz4

Thanks!

AdamEmEf
    Participant

Unfortunately I have the same problem. https://engelsklaslokaal.nl/

I have defined extra widget areas  in Main Options > Sidebars & Layout and use different headers on each page by replacing the standard widget area (Page Template > replace widget areas > Header widget area).  Since upgrading a popup appears when a page loads, saying something like  “replace=per-page-h_schoolbus ID=5 area_name=header-widget-area” and the visitor has to press the button OK.

Some help would be appreciated!!!

Kind regards

Margreet

monere
    Participant

I clicked on your website out of curiosity and it doesn’t seem to have the same problem. Which means…. we get this problem only when we are logged into our WP dashboards, which is good (from a visitor’s point of view). It’s still annoying for the webmasters, though….

AdamEmEf
    Participant

Curious, for I logged out and still experienced the same problem. But curiouser still, I did not see any pop-ups when I clicked on your link and visited your site. Where do your popups occur?

AdamEmEf
    Participant

Still good news that (perhaps) my visitors do not see the popups.

monere
    Participant

My popups appear whenever you load the website in your browser and whenever you click on any of the links in the menu bar (the menu under the header).

But since none of us can see the popups of each other’s websites it means that this is indeed a logged-in user issue only, which at least gives me peace of mind that the visitors won’t be sent away from our websites 🙂

valhard
    Participant

Same problem here. Popups seems related to the “Widget Area Replacements” on specific pages.

AdamEmEf
    Participant

I am not sure for I see the popups on my mobile site too, i.e. on my phone not being logged in.  On the other hand, the number of visitors on my site seems to remain the same. But would be glad if someone else besides ourselves would take a look.

monere
    Participant

Well, I didn’t lie to you. I really can’t see any popup on your website.

But yeah, let’s wait for someone knowledgeable to save our butts cause we are small and fragile 😀

valhard
    Participant

Pretty sure the pop ups are visible to everybody, not just logged in users

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment on that, but you need to be specific about the Theme and plugin version you are using.

Ideally, paste the content on the system info box here.

Also, please test disabling ALL non weaver plugins, to see if the problem goes away.

monere
    Participant

I can’t paste the content in because I get this error message

AdamEmEf
    Participant

I have used WP-Staging to de-activate all my plug-ins except the Weaver plug-ins but the problem still persisted, i.e. the popups keep appearing. I use WordPress 5.7 running Weaver Xtreme theme. Is that enough info? Do know know exactly what was meant by “system info box”.

AdamEmEf
    Participant

1st know = not

monere
    Participant

he probably means this:

Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Oops. A debug message was inadvertently left in – only shows if you are using a replacement widget area on a page. Was having some issues with that feature working on a site ported to a different URL, and was the old issue of WordPress not always nicely moving settings when changing themes.

Weaver Xtreme 4.4.7 has been uploaded, and should propagate within a few hours.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.