Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme PHP 8.0 compatibility issues – with errors from error log

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    webcoast
    Participant

Hi, I am using Weaver Xtreme 5.0.6 on a client site, running WordPress 5.9.

Today I tried to update PHP from 7.4 to 8.0. The front end of the site loads ok, but the backend (admin portal) has fatal error and does not load at all. Here is the error from the error log file:

[19-Feb-2022 02:18:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WP_Widget::__construct(), 0 passed in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-widget-factory.php on line 61 and at least 2 expected in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php:162
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-widget-factory.php(61): WP_Widget->__construct()
    #1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/widgets.php(115): WP_Widget_Factory->register()
    #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_social.php(306): register_widget()
    #3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): weaverxplus_load_social_widget()
    #4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/widgets.php(1854): do_action()
    #7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wp_widgets_init()
    #8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-settings.php(587): do_action()
    #11 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-config.php(78): require_once(‘/home/xxxxxx/…’)
    #12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home/xxxxxx/…’)
    #13 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/home/xxxxxx/…’)
    #14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/index.php(17): require(‘/home/xxxxxx/…’)
    #15 {main}
    thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/saa/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php on line 162

Can you please let me know what might be causing this, or if it is a theme/required plugin issue then maybe a new version is required?

Thanks

Nicola

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is possible that there is some compatibility issue with the Xtreme Plus plugin as it shows in the error dump.

I will try to track this down, but it will be a significant delay before I have the resources to look into this- perhaps a month or more.

webcoast
    Participant

Hi @Weaver, have you made any progress on fixing the PHP errors in the theme?

PHP 7.4 is only actively supported until 28 Nov 2022, which is only 4 months away. Is it on your timeline to fix these errors before then? The site is currently using version Weaver Xtreme 5.0.6.

Thanks

Nicola

Weaver
    Keymaster

The error message you provided seems to imply that your site is using the Weaver Xtreme Plus [social] shortcode.

I’ve just done extensive testing of the social shortcode, and cannot generate any PHP 8 errors (using PHP 8.0.8).

Can you provide just how you are using the short code (eg, just [social] or [social with parametes]. And which social icons do you have checked to use in the option?

So, as far as I can tell, there are no issues with using the [social] shortcode with PHP 8.

webcoast
    Participant

Hi Weaver, thanks for your reply.

I didn’t build this site, I just inherited it when the client wanted a new person to support the site.

In Appearance ->  +Xtreme Plus settings, on the Socials tab all fields are empty. On the website I can’t see the inclusion of any social icons and I don’t think the client has any social media accounts at all.

In Pages, the home page does not use the socials shortcode at all, and I can’t find it used anywhere in the widgets either.

Can you do me a favour, can you do another test where there are no entries in the socials fields of +Xtreme Plus settings, and see if that generates an error when using PHP 8.0? For a page with [socials] shortcode, and a page without [socials] shortcode.

Thank you, hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

Regards, Nicola

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’ve already tested just [social]. And there is nothing to test on pages without [social] on sites with Weaver Xtreme Plus installed.

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to the site’s page that generates the error dump. You can use a private reply if you need to keep the URL private.

It is very difficult to diagnose problems by trying to recreate them on a test site. It usually requires at the least read access to the problem site/page/post.

Private Reply
    webcoast
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Weaver
    Keymaster

I need clarification of:

The front end of the site loads ok, but the backend (admin portal) has fatal error and does not load at all.

and what you said in the private post that the Home page works but several others do not. The the other pages crash when viewing the page? If they only crash on the admin side, I don’t really understand what that means. By editing the page? What is the mechanism for getting to the admin page?

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    Private Reply
    webcoast
    Participant
    Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    webcoast
    Participant

Hi Weaver, I’m happy to tell my client that he needs to renew the licence for Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin. That way the plugin update should show up and I can apply it to the site, making it compatible with PHP 8.0. Correct?

Thanks again,

Nicola

Weaver
    Keymaster

Correct.

Private Reply
    webcoast
    Participant
    webcoast
    Participant

Hi Weaver, can you please advise how to upgrade in my situation – please see my private reply from the 1st of September.

Thanks

Nicola

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.