Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme photos not sharing properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    katiezeller
    Participant

I’m a food blogger and share my recipes to Yummly. Prior to the last Extreme plus update I hit the ‘Yum Button’ and it was shared properly, with a photo. (just like Twitter, instagram, etc.) Now the photo is not being picked up. It looks like it’s working, but when I go to the Yummly site it’s a stock image, not my photo. It still works properly on posts that were done before the update. I’ve tested using Featured Image, other images, Chrome and Edge and anything else I can think of. I’m out of my depth here…. Help, please?

https://thymeforcookingblog.com 

Weaver Extreme 4.3.5

WP 5.4.2

I haven’t added or changed any plugins

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t exactly understand what you mean.

I tried to click on the Yummly button, and it made me create an account. I clicked on two different recipies, and got the same image on my Yummly page – but I’m not familiar with that service, so I don’t know what I should expect.

So previously, were you getting the featured image of your post, and now get the “generic” image?

There were no changes to how the single view of posts are displayed in the 4.3.5 version, so I don’t think it could be Weaver. Perhaps you can contact the plugin you are using to generate the Yummmly share button?

katiezeller
    Participant

You got the image of the recipe? Or an image of kitchen utensils?
    Previously, it was the featured image of the recipe. On posts that were generated before the 1st week in July that is still how it works.  Now I get the same image of kitchen utensils for every recipe that I try to post on Yummly from my blog. I did contact Yummly and they sent a generic response to use the open-graph meta tags – which I am already using (through Yoast). As the problem coincided with the Weaver update I thought that might be where it started.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I got two images of utensils.

It is possibly a coincidence, but Weaver 4.3.6 will be released later today – will take some time to propagate. You could try that, but I will be a bit surprised if that turns out to be an issue.

The newest versions add a couple of new WP features, one which is new call to WP core right after the <body> tag is emitted (wp_body_open). It is possible some plugin you have is using that new feature and that it creates new behavior.

katiezeller
    Participant

Since you have been kind enough to try to help me I thought I would give you an update: I resurrected my staging site which had not been updated since early June, prior to the problem starting. The short version of what I did: deactivated all plugins, reactivated them, updated them, changed themes (WP twenty-twenty), stood on my head and screamed….. nothing worked.
    I appreciate your attempt to help and apologize for wasting your time…. but I did really think I had the problem narrowed down to the Weaver update.  I was wrong.
    And, FWIW, I started working with computers and programming when we did it with 1’s & 0’s lol
    Have a great week!

Weaver
    Keymaster

If what you had worked on your staging site in June, then I would suspect that something changed with the protocol used by the Yummly share icon. I would assume that you are using some plugin to generate those social media icons and links. So, whatever they are generating must no longer be the latest needed by Yummly.

There could also be issues introduced by the latest WP version. It could really be some issue with the new wp_body_open call introduced recently in WordPress. Perhaps a plugin is doing things that might mess up the communication protocol with Yummly. But I think Yummly must have the answer – they must know what would cause their site to generate a generic image when a post is added to one of their users accounts via a share link.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.