Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Per-post css style not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tony_T
    Participant

Hi

I’m running Weaver Xtreme on WordPress 4.2.2. I’m having a problem getting the per-post css to work. Please can you look at the two posts here
    one with and one without per-post css. For the ‘with’ I have used the example from the Weaver help pages. If you open each post as a single post you’ll see there’s no difference in how they appear.
    It’s not a css conflict because if you look at the source code for the ‘with’ post you’ll see that the custom css hasn’t been written into the code (search for ‘yellow’). I’ve tried other css in the per-post style box but always with no effect.
    Thanks for any help.
    scrambler

It would help if you pasted here what you put in the per post style box and told us what it was intended to do.

Tony_T
    Participant

As explained in the ‘with’ and ‘without’ posts linked above, I added the example given in the Help page, ie

{background-color:yellow; border:1px solid blue; padding:5px;}
    which should add a yellow background and a blue border to the whole post. I’ve also tried with other pieces of code, none of which work. I figured if anything should work the Help page example should!
    scrambler

I think you found a bug.

The option is working fine when the “plus” plugin is installed but not when you are running only Xtreme.

@weaver, is the Per post style box supposed to work on Basic Xtreme ?

Because the box is available, but does not seem to produce any result without “Plus”

Weaver
    Keymaster

The option to add custom post CSS should not be shown in the Free version – note that there is not equivalent Per Page option. One can enter a value, but it is non-functional.

This will be fixed in a new release of the Theme Support Plugin.

scrambler

@Tony_T

Without plus, you will need to put a rule like below in Main Options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

.post-id-xxx {background-color:yellow; border:1px solid blue; padding:5px;}

replacing xxx by the post ID #

Tony_T
    Participant

Thanks to you both – I’m glad it’s not me! I found the bug because I want to have different background images for different sets of posts and the per-post style seemed the easiest way of doing it. But of course, it didn’t work 🙁 I can certainly tailor the custom css but it’s a bit clumsy as a solution as I’ll probably have to add a permanent rule for every single post with a non-standard background rather than generating the css for the background image on the fly by using per-post css.

Either that or I’ll have to get Plus 🙂
    Tony_T
    Participant

Getting a bit off the original topic, but I find I can vary the background image by adding

<style type=”text/css”>
    body { background: url(‘http://foo/bar.jpg&#8217;) repeat; }
    </style>
    to the built-in Weaver custom field ‘page-head-code’.
    scrambler

Yes you can definitely do that it is not really any easier, but it does have the merit to reside in the post editing page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.