Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Per page hover color

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    canoot65
    Participant

I have been trying “all day” (and searched the forum!) to figure out how to add a hover color to a text link on a spesific page: http://www.nordoy.net/oyablikk-slideshow/ – with no success. I know there must be a CSS rule that can solve it, so please help.

Alexander
    Participant

I can easily change hover color for text link for specific page but I do not know how to do it outside page/post area.

.post-<number> a:hover {color:<your color>}

Example

.post-16 a:hover {color:red}

It change link hover color for RED for post with ID=16 in the post area.

canoot65
    Participant

I tried this, but it didn’t work. I don’t know why. Anyway, thank you for helping!

scrambler

This is the same issue as in your other thread.

You are adding an inline style color to your link. This takes precedence over all theme settings and therefore the default Hover color.

You should always try to set the colors in the admin first, althought I must admin when it comes to links it can be confusing.

The link in the post content are following the links settings in Main Options > Content Areas > Content Area > Content Link settings

Remove your Inline styling, and set the link color and hover there, and tell us if there is still a problem

canoot65
    Participant

Yes, it’s the same issue as in my other thread, but there is a difference (I think). If I remove the inline styling the text link will have the same color (blueish) as other links in content areas, while I want it be light grey (as it is now).

So I needed to set a separate color to this single link, which obviously leads to this issue with the hover color. I have tried to figure out a CSS rule to fix it, but have not managed to do so.

scrambler

If you do want a different color only for that specific link, then the best way is to use your own class on the links and style that.

use <a class=”mylink1″ href=”…”>Link Text</a>

Then do the styling with the rules below in Main Options > Head section > Custom CSS Rule box

a.mylink1 {color:red !important;}

a.mylink1:hover {color:blue !important;}

canoot65
    Participant

That solved it!
    As always, you find a solution to our problems, Scrambler.

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.