Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme “Per Page Extra Widget Areas” Supersedes Widget Secondary Side Bar?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    miamax
    Participant

I’m using “Define Per Page Extra Widget Areas” to add a sidebar widget of Amazon books to one specific post.

https://www.dwellinthegarden.com/needlepoint-belt/

I also have Google AdSense code in a widget that I added to “Widgets Secondary Side Bar” (for the entire site).

I see that the “Per Page Extra Widget” takes the place of a global secondary sidebar widget, correct? Yet I do want the Google ads to be displayed also on the post with the Amazon books.

Can I place another “Per Page Extra Widget” with the same AdSense code to this one particular post? It would be like having two widgets with the same AdSense code on that particular post, but only one could be seen because the “global” widget with that code was superseded by the “Per Page Extra Widget.”

Does this make sense? I don’t want to break my site.

Thank you.

scrambler

If both codes are present on the page, we cannot predict the outcome as it will depend on the code itself and the loading order.

|But what you could do is place that code inside a [hide_if] shortcode, so that the code is hidden on that page.

Shortcode syntax can be found in the Add ons page, and it will look something like below

[hide_if post_id=30] code to hide on that page/post [/hide_if]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.