Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Page with Posts – Showing Title/FI toggles off the FI for the page

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ldekay
    Participant

Strange… a Page with Posts will show the Featured Image for the Page if the Posts are set to show Excerpt, but if set to Title|FI the FI for the Page won’t display. Is there a reason for that behavior, or is this a bug? Example pages are duplicates except:

Page w/ Posts set to Title|FI – http://mtadamschamber.org/macc/work-w-title-fi/

Page w/ Posts set to Excerpt – http://mtadamschamber.org/macc/work/

scrambler

Where are you selecting to display post as Title + Featured image?

Globally in the posts specifics options, or in the page with posts options, or a show post filter?

ldekay
    Participant

Setting for the page is under Settings for “Page with Posts” Template

You may also want to know the Featured Image – Posts and Featured Image – Pages settings are all set to With Content-Top

scrambler

Well the featured image does show on both of your pages for me, so I suggest clearing your cache and testing different computers / browsers

ldekay
    Participant

Hmm, that’s interesting. I’ve cleared cache and tried with Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, all with the same result that don’t show the large blue Work icon that is the Featured Image for both. The right-hand image below is the work-w-title-fi/ version that is missing the large icon. Note: the differences in header images, Featured Members, and gallery slideshow pictures in the lower right corners are by design. It’s the large blue Work icon missing in the right-hand image that should be there in both that is my issue.

Version with FI displaye       Version w/o FI displayed

scrambler

I think you are confusing page content and posts. the work image is not a post. the posts are below that (event resources /  professional services…) and these do display the title and the featured image.

I suspect the blue image is the page featured image, in which case you need to check if the page with the post titles plus FI also has a page featured image, and how it is set to be displayed

ldekay
    Participant

Yes, the blue image is the PAGE FI. I thought I was clear that this is the FI for page, and the page is set to display posts with the Page with Posts template

The problem is how the page displays its own FI depending on the settings for “Page with Posts”. When the “Page with Posts” is set to display the Posts as Excerpts, the FI for the PAGE is displayed as it is supposed to be “With Content-Top”, but when the “Page with Posts”  setting is Title|FI  the PAGE does not display its FI. There seems to be a buggy connection between the two sections of the  “Page with Posts” template.

The only difference in settings between the two pages is how the posts are displayed. I can always get around this by adding the icon to the content portion of the Page and using the setting for the Page to not display its own FI, but that is a bit of a kludge.

scrambler

OK, this is making sense now.

@weaver, this looks like a bug. In a “page with posts”, The page featured image display is affected by the way posts are being displayed.

For example, if the page has a featured Image, and if you set the Page Featured image to be displayed with its own setting like “with content top”, If the posts are displayed as excerpts, the page featured image will show, but if the Posts are displayed as Title Plus featured image, the Page featured Image will not show.

I would assume that how you display posts should not have an impact on how the page featured image is being displayed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.