Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme One menue at the top and another on the rig/ left side

Topic Resolution: Not Resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jmittendorf
    Participant

Hello and a good evening,

I would like to have for my web-site (https://www.iw-nordharz.de) the following menustructure.

When I click one of the existing menue-entries I would have another menue on the right/left side of the content area.

I don’t want to have a dropdown menue together with the existing menu.

Can somebody help me.

Thanks, I hope I have explaind it exactly enough.

Jörg

scrambler

You need to give us a lot more details…

Do you mean you want the sub menu to be in a fixed position on the left, or do you mean that clicking a menu item would go to a page that would have another menu in the content area?

jmittendorf
    Participant

Hello scrambler,

at first a happy new year and all the best.

Yes, I want to click on my existing menue and the page I open with this click should have a new menue on the right side in the content area.

Sorry for my bad explanation.

Jörg

scrambler

Happy New Year to you too.

If you have the Plus plugin, All you need to do is insert extra menu in your page using either the extra menu shortcode if inserting it in a content area, or using the extra menu widget if inserting it in the sidebar widget area.

jmittendorf
    Participant

I hope I have installed all plugins which are nesessary.

I have installed the following plugins:

1. Weaver Show Posts
    2. Weaver Xtreme Plus
    3. Weaver Xtreme Theme Support
    4. Widget Shortcode

I have to put the shortcode for the extra menu in the html-sourcecode of the content-area?

What is the extra menu widget and where can I find it?

Thanks for the support.

scrambler

Questions.

Have you created a new custom menu for your extra menu in Appearance > menu?

What is its name?

What is the exact Shortcode you used to insert it (with all its options)?

What do you call “html-sourcecode of the content-area“?

Give us a link to the page where you inserted the shortcode.

Where exactly in that page should the menu be?

The Widget is in Appearance > Widget and is called “wvr X Plus Menu”. You can insert it in any Widget area, or you can also use it as a shortcode if you use the Widget Shortcode Plugin.

jmittendorf
    Participant

Sorry for the late answer.

Q: Have you created a new custom menu for your extra menu in Appearance > menu?  What is its name?

A: You mean the name of the menu, it is called neues with three entries.

Q: What is the exact Shortcode you used to insert it (with all its options)?

A: Until yet I haven’t insert it.

Q: What do you call “html-sourcecode of the content-area“?

A: I think I have to put the shortcode in the htmlsourcecode.

Q: Where exactly in that page should the menu be?

A: It should be on the right side of the content-area.

I have insert a wvr X Plus Menu as a widget in the primary sidebar.
    But it is not exactly that what I want to have. The dot before every entrie isn’t good, and over the entries there are also the same entries with black background color.
    I will let this menu in my web-site, so you can see it. I can’t insert a screenshot in this post.

How can I insert the shortcode of the wvr X Plus Menu in my web-site?

Alot of questions, but at the moment I have no idea to insert a menu in the existing web-site.

Sorry.

Jörg

jmittendorf
    Participant

I wll try to create a test site and then I send you the url.

scrambler

What page has the menu, I tried every page on the site you linked to, and none have a sidebar with a menu…

After inserting the Wvr-Xplus menu widget, inside the widget, you have to select your menu name in the “select menu” drop down list

then underneath you select the “menu Type” for it, like Vertical Accordion

Then below you select the styling to be used for the menu (Primary, secondary, extra…) as define  on the Main Options > Post Specific page.

Once you do all that, and if it is not what you need, post a link to the page that has the menu ion the sidebar

jmittendorf
    Participant

I have made a website with a mainmenu (MM1 to MM3) and a submenu (SM1 to SM3) on the right side. Every site has the submenu.
    The mainmenu is ok, but the submenu looks strange.
    Can you help me to get the submenu exactly the mainmenu, I would like to have the same colors (bg-color, and so on…)
    May I use additional css classes for the menu?

Can somebody explain me how to create the additional classes?
    I also would like to have the submenu more to the footer. Is there any possibility to do this?

You can reach the site over:
    https://www.iw-nordharz.info

Thank you very much for the support and for your patience.

Joerg

scrambler

As I mentioned in my last post, you can select the same style as your primary menu in the styling drop down list of the widget.

Then below you select the styling to be used for the menu (Primary, secondary, extra…) as define  on the Main Options > Post Specific page.

Given you want the primary styling select primary and not extra for the styling of your menu

jmittendorf
    Participant

I have changed the styling for the submenu, now it looks better. But I have a black bar at the top of the menu and at the bottom of the menu. I can’t find any color to change these.

Can you help me again?

Edit: I could minimize the bars to a line.

Thanks.

scrambler

If you only want some of the primary styling but not all, you can do one of two things.

1. In main options > Menus, copy all the settings of the primary menu into the extra menu down the page, change the settings you want in the extra menu, like unchecking the Add border option, then in your menu widget change the styling back to extra menu.
    2. Alternatively, to remove just the border on the extra menu in the sidebar while keeping the styling as primary, you can add the CSS rule below to the theme Global custom CSS Rule box
      .extra-menu-xplus .wvrx-menu-container {border:none;}
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.