Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Old Weaver theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jserra
    Participant

I have the really old original Weaver theme.  Is there a way to convert this to Weaver XTreme?  Thanks!

scrambler

Which one, Weaver 2.x, or Weaver II ?

If weaver II, then there is a conversion process below

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

If the Very old weaver 2.x

But sometimes on a very old site, it is just better to start fresh, as there are so many things that should be done differently in a modern site to account for mobile devices…

You pick up an Xtreme sub theme that is closest to what you have now, and customize further

jserra
    Participant

It’s the very old weaver 2.x.  I’m in the process of starting from scratch with Weaver Xtreme.  A couple questions:

• Where do I specify the number of blog entries on the home page (it seems to default to 10)?
    • Where can I specify the whole blog should display on the home page instead of just a few lines?

Thanks so much!

scrambler

First, make sure you are not using the WordPress default blog page.

In the Dashboard Settings > Reading, Make sure the front page is set to a Static page, and that Nothing is selected in the posts page drop down list (showing -select-)

In the same place, you will find the WordPress setting of max posts per Blog page which you can set t6om what you want.

Next to create your post page, you create a regular page, and in the page Attribute > Template Drop down list you select “page with posts”, and publish the page.

Once you do that, you will have ALL the Xtreme options for this page to select what posts to show and how to show them, including the number of posts per page.

Weaver
    Keymaster

However, the default blog page has those settings in the Dahsboard -> Settings menu. They are WP settings, and not theme settings. Weaver Xtreme’s Page with Posts page templates can serve as the blog page but with many more options found in the page editor at the bottom on the Page with Posts options tab.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.