Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Old Theme Settings Retained

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jonesco61
    Participant

I activated the Weaver Xtreme theme, but it seems that my other them features are mixing with the Weaver theme. I deleted the old theme, but it is showing its contents pages, menu bar, side panel ect yet I have the extreme header.  How do I get the Xtreme theme to load properly.  Do I need to delete and real load?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Depending on the old theme, sometimes WP will NOT lose the menus or sidebar widgets.

And one of the major points of WordPress is to preserve page contents when you switch the theme.

So, are the colors, fonts, and layouts the same? This really isn’t possible with switching themes.

jonesco61
    Participant

I have the header of the Weaver, but the menu bar and page layouts are the older theme.  I have deleted all themes except the Weaver. I need to try deleting the Weaver, but there isn’t a delete button. How do you move from theme to theme without items from the old theme coming into the new theme.  How would you be able to manage a many sites if this happening?

scrambler
    All the theme does is styling and layout.
    So styling should not follow.

But Content, which means pages, posts, menus etc all this stays the same. This is by design in WordPress, so that you can build your content, then change between themes to try different ways of styling this content.

A theme is not a Site. A site is determined by a single WordPress installation. Inside that WordPress Installation you create your content for that specific site, then use a theme to apply styling to your content.
    If you need a different site, you have to create a New WordPress Installation in a new location, and then create new content in there, and eventually use the same theme or a different one to do the styling

A theme is just a set of tools you load in a given WordPress Installation for that given site. Different Sites / WordPress installations can use the same theme with different settings for different styles.
    Conversely, within a single site you can decide to try and use different themes to see which one gives you the proper tools to achieve your design and style. But ultimately only One can be active at any one time to manage the styling of that specific site content

To be sure of what you are speaking of, we need a link to the site using Xtreme, with precise description of what elements you think are coming from the old theme

jonesco61
    Participant

I’m confused.  If I’m working with a theme and using its layout then activate another theme to work with its features. Why are features from the first theme over riding the newly activated theme.  When I want to use the weaver theme I want a brand new slate with only Weaver features.  The old them should be deactivated there shouldn’t be any link to the newly activated theme.  I don’t like anything from the old theme yet it seems I’m stuck with it.  Weaver appears to have things I might like, but I’m still using the old themes pages why bother with exploring with other themes? How do you explore other themes and their features when you are trapped with a theme that is retained on all themes?

scrambler

what you are saying does not make sense, unless you are confusing WordPress Features with the theme Feature, or if you are speaking of content (which we already say has nothing to do with the theme)

When you change theme None of the Old Theme Tools stay behind, you are only presented with the styling tools of the New theme. But a number of styling tools come from WordPress and these will of course be available with any theme.

One thing you can do to be sure that nothing remaining can come from the old theme, is simply delete the old theme completely from the WordPress dashboard.

Anything left after that either is content, or comes from WordPress, a plugin, or the new Theme

So, I will ask again, Can you please give us very detailed examples of what you mean, and provide a link to the site to illustrate.

Weaver
    Keymaster

i agree. What you are saying makes absolutely no sense in the general context of how WordPress works. If things aren’t changing, the only know explanation for that is caching. 

We must have a link to the site in question before we can provide more reasonable help.

jonesco61
    Participant

I don’t have a site to show.  I am jumping on themes trying to see if they will fit with what I need.  Basically the Weaver layout appears to be what I need or I’m looking for.  I am toggling everything that Weaver has just to see what happens and where it happens.  Things like menus, colors, background images…ect…I did dump all the themes now I have parts of other themes showing up on the home page of Weaver.  So I will call up the host guys to see if they can bring me back to reality.  Now keep in mind when I mess around with features I don’t save anything.  You would think by not saving anything nothing could follow you.

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you are just using the Customizer Theme Preview feature, then nothing is saved, and everything should revert to the original theme.

You have to activate a theme, and Save & Publish to get things really applied to your site.

scrambler

” I have parts of other themes showing up on the home page of Weaver. “

SPECIFICS….

And make sure to have a look at the demo site

Home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.