Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Odd problem with WooCommerce Product page image in Weaver

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    barbeluk1
    Participant

Hi there,

I have an odd problem with the product images in a Weaver site that’s using WooCommerce.

This product has has a 1024px wide image added to it as the product image as well as some to the product gallery.

I’ve set the product image size to be 413px wide yet the main image is tiny and have a weird rollover state:

https://barbel.co.uk/product/bfw-rod-1/

This may not be a Weaver issue though I’ve got other sites running Woo on different themes without any issues.

I’ve just tried regenerating thumbnails to no avail.

Thanks,

Andy

scrambler

We would need to see a product without the issue to compare, and you need to elaborate about exactly is wrong with it.

Woocomerce appears to be set for the image area to take 48% of the width of the content area, and that image is using something called Flex viewport which may be part of Woocommerce, so if it is not doing what you want, you may want to speak with them  to find out why.

barbeluk1
    Participant

Hi Scrambler,

All the products within this shop have the same issue.

The problem is as follows:

The main product image size is set to be 411px wide yet it only displays on the product page at 150px wide, and inserts a load of black space to the right of it. It is at the correct aspect ratio though. When you hover over the image with the mouse you get a awful version of a zoomed effect.

Click on the magnifying glass and you can see the original image that was uploaded.

Is anyone else running a WooCommerce shop on Weaver?

Thanks,

Andy

barbeluk1
    Participant

It seems the height of the main image box is getting set to 100px high somewhere…

scrambler

The biggest issue I think is that you are using a system that offers to view several pictures for a single items, so you have the current image at the top with a magnifying glass, and the list of other image (as thumbnail) below.

Because the space for the whole thing is limited to 48% of the content width, it makes each piece quite small.

Do you have an option in woocomerce that manages multiple image for a single product, or is that a plugin you are using on top?

scrambler

I also see a Woocomerce rule that sets the size off ALL images there as 150px

.woocommerce div.product div.images img {width:150pc !important;}

This means that both the currently selected image at the top, as well as the thumbnails of the other available images are all the same 150px size

So you need to review your Woocomerce option, and whatever manages the multiple image display

barbeluk1
    Participant

Hi Scrambler

The additional images are added to the product gallery, which is standard WooCommerce functionality.

I’m only using WooCommerce and Booster in terms of plugins on this site relating the the e-commerce.

There are other products in the same shop on this site with a single image and they have the same issue…

Thanks,

Andy

scrambler

Speak to Woocommerce to find out how to set the viewer properly

scrambler

Look for an option that determines the number of columns for the Thumbnail of alternate images and set that to 8 instead of four to see if it would force the thumbnails to be smaller and leave more space for the current image.

There is also a setting that sets the current image viewport height to 100px which causes that image to be so small

barbeluk1
    Participant

Thank you Scrambler!

I’m embarrassed to say that I put that CSS in for some reason! I’ve tweaked it and now the issue is solved!

thank you once again!

Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.