Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Nothing falls into place after conversion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

I have a rather extensive MENU setup in Weaver II and have had problems with it in the past. So, I tried to follow the conversion instructions and the Menu just does not setup even after telling it what the primary and secondary menus are. this is pretty key to getting everything to look ok. any thoughts on this? Have you seen this behaviour before? thanks

Gillian

We need a link to your site.

scrambler

And elaborate about what you exactly mean by “the Menu just does not setup “

karen
    Participant

This is a test site. I would have to whitelist your IP or give you explicit access or add you as a user. or send you a screen shot. IT is just a RAW list of things as though there was NO template or theme applied AT all. Where shall I send your user name to? 

Weaver
    Keymaster

So I assume you’ve defined a couple of Custom Menus from the Dashboard : Appearance : Menus interface?

Unlike many of the other options, menu content definitions are totally controlled by the standard WP interface, and not by any theme.

When you switch themes, you usually have to reassign the menus to the appropriate menu location for a given theme. (Same for bg and header info, as well.).

Since it sounds like this is a new site (development), how did you transfer the menu definitions from the original? There are plugins that can do this, or you can use a whole site transfer plugin (which mostly copy the Database). How did you do this?

karen
    Participant

My test site was WEAVER PRO II. I tried to follow the instructions to convert to WEAVER XTREME. I redefined the primary and secondary menus in wordpress. I even tried applying one of the standard themes that are offered in XTREME. the site remains totally unformatted. I have cleared the cache.  I will try restarting Apache when the live site is not busy. 

scrambler

We don’t need a user admin access to the site, but access to the Public side of the site.

I assume you read the thread below:

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/11303/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme

” I even tried applying one of the standard themes that are offered in XTREME. the site remains totally unformatted”

If you are saying that no matter what setting you set in the Admin interface, they do not carry over to the site, then you have an installation problem.

One thing to clarify, is what exactly happens when you change a setting. Does it stick in the admin interface but produce no result, or does it disappear from the admin interface after you save the setting?

If it sticks in the user Admin but produce no result, you can try Advanced options > Site Options > generate Inline CSS code option. If that solves the issue, then you probably have a permission problem that prevents the CSS file from being written. Do not keep the option as a fix, fix the permission problem.

For general Option non saving issue, also read:http://weavertheme.com/weaver-ii-doesnt-save-settings/

karen
    Participant

Ok. that is better. Thanks Scrambler. Unfortunately, I tried your Generate Inline CSS Code option at the same time that I deactivated the CDN. I am thinking that maybe it was the CDN, but who knows. I am going to Start over and try it again. I will let you know, if you are interested. Thanks to all of you. I know that supplying ideas without much to go on can be difficult. 

scrambler

Uncheck use inline CSS as it is just for testing and should not be used as a substitute to fixing whatever the issue is

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.