Home Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro no more admin toolbar after upgradint to wordpress 4.7.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bochat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

scrambler

I think at this point it looks like something is corrupted somewhere.
    You mentioned that rebuilding the site locally solved it, so may be the best solution is to re export that.
    You could also try to ask your host provider to restore the last backup before you did the update to WP 4.7 and start again to see if the update works this time.

By the way, have you tried to redo the WP4.7 update from the dashboard? If not, I would start with that

bochat
    Participant

I already did redo the WP4.7 update and restored the site to before the wp update, but that solved not the issue (which is so not a wp4.7.problem, but something that happened during the update…)
    The local version of the site is one year old and it’s a very “living” site. So I imported the actual database and it works with the admin bar showing normally. Tomorrow, I will try to go on, make copies of everything on both sides and try to re export the local site. Again Merci beaucoup

scrambler

De rien, et désolé de ne pas avoir trouvé de solution…

bochat
    Participant

I restored from my host to december 4 and now I can login as admin but :

Fatal error
    : Uncaught Error: Class ‘WP_Taxonomy’ not found in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/taxonomy.php:384
    Stack trace:
    #0 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/taxonomy.php(72): register_taxonomy(‘category’, ‘post’, Array)
    #1 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-settings.php(264): create_initial_taxonomies()
    #2 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-config.php(110): require_once(‘/datas/vol1/w4a…’)
    #3 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-load.php(39): require_once(‘/datas/vol1/w4a…’)
    #4 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/datas/vol1/w4a…’)
    #5 /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/index.php(17): require(‘/datas/vol1/w4a…’)
    #6 {main}
    thrown in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 384

What does tha mean ? Help !

bochat
    Participant

Everything is ok now ! My hostprovider did what was necessary. And my admin bar is back :)Thanks again for trying to help me

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think this whole episode has something to do with some corrupted WP and/or plugin installations. This is probably a one of a kind situation, and won’t apply to other users.

bochat
    Participant

Well, today I updated to weaver II pro 2.2.4 with exactly the same issue : No more admin bar with weaver I asked my host and am waiting for their answer but something must be wrong 😮

scrambler

It is the same problem with all the end of the site HTML missing.

If your host can fix it like the last time, it would be nice to know what the issue was in the WordPress installation

bochat
    Participant

Thanks @scrambler, I’ll tell them. But I don’t understand why the issue is only with weaver II pro. Switching to another theme and the issue is gone ! I hope, this time there will not be a “fatal error”.
    I already began to upgrade to Extreme, on the local site for now, but I want to make some changes to the site and that means time and a working  site whithout issues !

scrambler

No idea either, this is why it would be nice to know what they found last time or this one

Weaver
    Keymaster

@bochat – did you get the very recent Weaver II Pro 2.2.4 update? Login to your account on pro.weavertheme.com and download and install the latest version. It has a few minor changes for PHP 7 compatibility, but that doesn’t sound like your problem, but can’t hurt to use the latest update.

bochat
    Participant

@scrambler, of course I tell you, when they tell me. @weaver the issue happened after updating to 2.2.4.  exactly the same the first time after updating to wp.4.7. Regrading to 2.2.3 din’t help, exactly the same with regrading to wp 4.6 the first time. And changing theme makes the admin bar coming back, exactly the same.

Maureen
    Participant

I’m sure you have already done this, but check your user profile for the and under “Toolbar” look to see if the box for  “Show Toolbar when viewing site” is checked.

scrambler
    @maureen, that was checked
    His issue is much larger than just the admin bar, basically all the HTML in his site from the middle of the footer to the end is gone, and it just happens that the Admin bar HTML is in the piece that is missing.

Something is preventing the theme to complete the generation of the page.

bochat
    Participant

My host says, in fact they did nothing last time and it was à coincidence ! So I don’t what to do. I’ll try again eveything I tried the first time, installing a fresh WP etc. hoping a new miracle o:) 

bochat
    Participant

Well, I restored the site and de database and now it works. I hope, next time I have to update something, nothing happens
    Joyeux Noël

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.