Home Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro no more admin toolbar after upgradint to wordpress 4.7.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bochat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Maureen
    Participant

I tested on my Weaver Pro II site and could not replicate.

Did some research:

1. Try clearing your cache. 

2.  Make sure that in settings > WordPress Address (URL) and settings > Site address (URL) that if one has www then the other also does and the other way round. Otherwise it seems while you are browsing the site it is a different domain to the admin area and the admin bar does not show.

bochat
    Participant

Thank you Maureen. I already tried clearing my cache. I’m not sure I understand what you mean with wordpress address/site address, but there is no www in the site address
    Scrambler, many thanks for your help. I just sent you a PM

scrambler
    OK so I went in and did not see anything wrong in the configuration.
    – WP URL and Site address are the same, so not the issue
    – Tried deactivating All Plugin, not the issue
    – Switching to a different theme does solve the problem
    – Admin bar is activated, and I can confirm that works because the CSS that creates a Space for it is in the head of the page.
    This is why you have a red bar, it is because the space for the admin bar is being created, but the HTML for it is not there

But what I found is that There is a missing <div> in your site
    The whole #weaver-final <div> is MISSING

This is where the HTML of the WPadminbar is, and this is why it does not show up.

But that div includes several other things so I am surprised you don’t see more issues.

@weaver, do you have any idea what can cause the whole #weaver-final div to go missing on weaver II pro???

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is more than that – the entire footer/colophon div is incomplete. It looks like it quits where a widget would show up.

My guess – there’s a bug in a widget used in the footer that is generating a PHP error.

There’s only one way to debug this (and it could be a Weaver II Pro error due to WP 4.7) – and that is to edit the config.php file on the root of the site, and change 

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

to

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

If what I suspect is true, then there will be PHP error message output at at the bottom of the page that will show exactly where things go wrong.

scrambler

He does not have anything in the footer widget area.
    But He will have to activate the debug, as I only have access to his admin, not his hosting files

Weaver
    Keymaster

Having generated HTML terminate early as found on that site generally happens only when there is a PHP error. So there may be some issue with something and WP 4.7 and Weaver II Pro – but no one else has reported issues so far.

bochat
    Participant

Scrambler and weaver, thank you for you help. I just tried activating the debug but the only result was I could no more login to the site !, so I restored the config.php and it works again but the problem is still there. Scrambler, I send you a PM with access to my hosting files

bochat
    Participant

On my computer, I had an old local (wamp) installation of my site. So I upgraded it to wordpress 4.7 and I imported the actual database from the site to the local site, made the necessary changes (searchreplace) and, miracle !, it works with the normal admin-bar on the local site. Now, I have to export the complete site from locahost to my access provider. Before I try that, have you any other suggestion ?

scrambler

I was about to try to use the login you sent to turn on debug, do you still want me to do that?

I should not be going in if are going to be accessing the database and all…

bochat
    Participant

Well, If you can find out the reason of this issue, I prefer to wait with my (french tentative). So yes, I still would be very grateful if you to try turning on debug to see what happens.

scrambler

I cant do anything with your ftp login.

The proper safe way to edit the Config.php is to use the Cpanel of your hosting company, navigating to the file, and using the Cpanel editor to do the change.

I would not risk downloading and uploading that modified file using ftp myself

bochat
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler. I probably not rght understood what you wrote in you foreleast message. So I turned on debug myself and put the site in maintenance mode. Could you now login and have a look. For me its too difficult to understant the debug messages

scrambler

I do not understand.
    If I go to your site
    http://fncta-midipy.fr/

I can access it and I see no debug messages.

if you see debug messages, just copy paste them here so weaver can have a look at them

bochat
    Participant

You don’t see the messages because  You did not login as admin.
    @weaver Here  are the messages  :

Deprecated
    : Methods with the same name as their class will not
    be constructors in a future version of PHP; custom_header has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-headers/custom-header.php on line 31

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not
    be constructors in a future version of PHP; EC_Day has a deprecated
    constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_day.class.php on line 53

be constructors in a future version of PHP; EC_DB has a deprecated
    constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_db.class.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: hidesponsor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_calendar.class.php on line 45

be constructors in a future version of PHP; EC_JS has a deprecated
    constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_js.class.php on line 60

be constructors in a future version of PHP; EC_Management has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_management.class.php on line 55

be constructors in a future version of PHP; EC_ManagementJS has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar/ec_managementjs.class.php on line 51

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain est appelé avec un argument qui est déprécié depuis la version 2.7.0, aucune alternative n’est disponible. in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3978

be constructors in a future version of PHP; weaveriip_Widget_Extra_Menu
    has a deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro/includes/pro/weaverii-pro-code-extramenu.php on line 20

be constructors in a future version of PHP; weaveriip_Widget_Social has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro/includes/pro/weaverii-pro-code-social.php on line 92

be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_Text has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro/includes/widgets.php on line 12

be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_PPText has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro/includes/widgets.php on line 78

be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_Login has a
    deprecated constructor in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro/includes/widgets.php on line 121

Notice: locale.php est déprécié depuis la version 4.7.0, aucune alternative n’est disponible. in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3914

Notice: register_sidebar_widget est déprécié depuis la version 2.8.0 ! Utilisez wp_register_sidebar_widget() à la place. in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3783

Notice: register_widget_control est déprécié depuis la version 2.8.0 ! Utilisez wp_register_widget_control() à la place. in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3783

Notice: Constant WP_POST_REVISIONS already defined in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-config.php on line 104

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent
    by (output started at
    /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-headers/custom-header.php:31)
    in /datas/vol1/w4a130541/var/www/fncta-midipy.fr/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

Weaver
    Keymaster

Many of these are coming from non-Weaver II sources. Turning DEBUG back to false will eliminate the Weaver II warnings – they are just warnings at this point.

I can’t really tell which of the others might be causing the error, but it could be the WP_POST_REVISIONS bug, but I don’t know where that might originate from for sure – looks to be an error in the wp-config.php file – perhaps you duplicated a line accidentally?

So without debug output, I still don’t know the source of the real issue.

I will have to decide when I can fix the constructor errors in Weaver II Pro, but not really soon. They are harmless until PHP 8, I think.

bochat
    Participant

@weaver and @scrambler, I hoped, you could help me to understand why the site lost his admin bar but it seems you cannot :'(  Now, I really don’t know what to do ! But thanks very much for having tried. 

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.