Home Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro no more admin toolbar after upgradint to wordpress 4.7.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bochat 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 48 total)
  • Author

bochat
    Participant

One hour ago, I udpated three weawer II pro sites to wordpress 4.7. On one of the tree sites, http://fncta-midipy.fr, when I log in, the admin toolbar is replaced by a red bar. I know, that is not theme related, but perhaps a hint ?

bochat
    Participant

Perhaps it is theme related. When I change theme the admin bar is coming back ? Of course I tried deactivating all non weaver plugins and restoring theme settings (witch I saved just before upgrading wordpress), but it did not work :'(

Weaver
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce any issues with the WP admin bar with WP 4.7 and Weaver II Pro.

Perhaps there is a plugin causing the issue?

bochat
    Participant

As I said, I tried deactivating all non weaver plugins and it did not work. In fact the admin toolbar is replaced by the “outside bg color” (main option in weaver II pro admin options), which is red. If I change the color to green, the bar changes to green too. So, I really need help

Weaver
    Keymaster

Are you sure you don’t have the admin bar turned off in your WP Profile. The red bar could just be a margin at the top of the site, which would then be the BG color.

bochat
    Participant

Yes I am sure, I have the admin bar on. I, tried to deactivate and reactivate it, but that doesn’t change anything. When the bar is deactivated, there is no margin at the top. When the bar is activated, there is the red margin, but no admin bar

bochat
    Participant

I tried to activate other themes (twenty one to seven) and the problem with the admin bar appears only with weaver II pro and that even when all non weaver plugins are off. I am getting crazy !

scrambler

I cannot reproduce the problem either with
    WP4.7
    Weaver II pro 2.2.3
    Weaver II theme Extra 2.3.1

Are these the versions of Weaver II Pro & Plugin you are using?
    have you tried different browsers and different computers?

there are many articles on the Web about WordPress admin bar going missing, and when it is not a theme missing the proper code (which we know weaver II pro has) it is a plugin messing things up.

I would do the following:
    download the last Weaver II pro 2.2.3 version from your weaver account.
    Save settings and download a backup for good measure.
    Switch to a different theme
    Deactivate ALL plugins Including Weaver plugin.
    Delete Weaver II pri completely
    Reinstall Your freshly downloaded copy of Weaver II pro 2.2.3 and activate
    Do not activate anything else, and check if that works.

if it does, then reactivate Weaver plugins one by one testing in between, Then do the same for your other plugins

But It is time to reconsider upgrading to Xtreme…
    http://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

bochat
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler, I will try that. To be sure, when you say Delete Weaver II pro completely, you mean deleting wp-content/themes/weaver-ii-pro (through ftp) ?
    And yes, when this problem will be solved, I will upgrade to Xtreme, I think about that depuis un moment

scrambler

You can delete the theme fro the Dashboard.
    Appearance > Theme
    Click on the theme
    Delete

Are you using the proper versions?

bochat
    Participant
    Scrambler, I did exactly what you said and yes i am using the proper versions WP 4.7, Weaver II pro 2.2.3, Weaver II theme Extra 2.3.1.  But when I activate weaver II pro,nothing has changed.  I tried on an othen computer, same result, I tried with firefox, chrome, IE, same result: a red margin instead of the admin bar. Anything other that I can try. If I give you admin rights, could you have a look ? Je ne sais vraiment plus quoi tenter

scrambler

And that with absolutely NO plugins activated?

scrambler

Are you using CLoudfare?
    I saw a report with cloudfare causing the problem
    Or any other cache tool / plugin?

scrambler

Also, do you have a child theme?
    DO you have any PHP inserted anywhere?

Try reading this too
    http://www.howtosolutions.net/2016/09/wordpress-missing-admin-bar-toolbar/

bochat
    Participant

I just did everything one more time without result. Yes with absolutely no plugins activated. No I am not using Cloudfare. I am using Cornet cache,  but deactivating it makes no change. I have no child theme and no PHP inserted, so far as I know. I have read what you suggested and I never got my hands in things as function php, my knowledge is not good enough. Merci pour votre aide

scrambler

If you want me to have a look, you can send me and admin link and login in a PM (click on my name and send message)
    But all I can do is check if you have not missed something obvious as this is a WP problem somewhere

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.