Home Forums Showcase New Website – Interior Designer

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Maureen 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Maureen
    Participant

New website built with Weaver Extreme (of course!) and Extreme Plus.

http://www.rmhinteriors.com/

scrambler

The image at the top is not showing (X box), so you may have a URL problem

http://www.temp.rmhinteriors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/RMH-header2.1.png

is invalid

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler. It looks good on my end on all my devices, but I just added a header from the Media Library.

Could you tell me how it looks on your end now?

scrambler

Looks good now …

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler! Always good ieda to put a finished site up on the forum so a fresh set of eyes can catch minor issues and major issues — like losing the link to the header!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have a couple of comments and a question.

First, it honestly took me what is probably too long to figure out what to do with the landing page. It is very nice looking, but it is not the least bit obvious what to do with that page. Only after I moved the mouse around a bit and saw the cursor change to the link display did I figure out I had to click on the logo in the center. I fear many other people won’t get past the landing page.

And the related question – how did you get a square .png logo to trigger the link over the whole width, not just over the logo. The transparent left/right margins seem to extend to the edges. (This is also confusing behavior, to me – a full width link sensitive area but only limited height.)

This also leads to a bit of inconsistency when you do get to the /rmh-lifestyle page. The top logo is no longer link sensitive. So to me there is some confusion between the landing page, the home page, and other pages. What is the home page, and how do get back to it after clicking a menu item? Maybe I know too much about how sites are “supposed” to work, but if I get even a little bit confused, I would worry about typical visitors.

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks Weaver. You brought up some really good issues.

I added “enter site” to the landing page.

The png image on the landing page is 300px x 300px, but I did use [hide_if device=phone] for that image. Maybe that has something to do with the space to the right and the left linking to the Lifestyle page.

If I select “Link Header to Site”, all the inside pages link to the landing page. Is there anyway I can have the header on the inside pages link to the Lifestyle page?

TX!

scrambler

If you want your header image to link to something different than the default, enter your own link and image html in the Header HTML replacement box.

There may also be a way to do that with an Action / filter PHP, but @weaver would have to comment on that

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is also the normal method of using the Featured Image as a replacement header image.

Maureen
    Participant

Perfect! Now getting around the website is a little less confusing — I hope.

Thanks.

scrambler

@weaver, she was asking about replacing the link the header image links to, not the image 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

I guess we’ve had discussions about the header image link before. I think it is very hard to change without deep internal changes to Weaver – perhaps a new per page/post option.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@maureen – do you have the menu dropdown arrows above the menu text purposely? I think that is a nice interesting look, but I also recall it was somewhat difficult to generate the CSS get them to line up properly with the menu text, and just want to be sure it isn’t a theme limitation.

Maureen
    Participant

@weaver — for the dropdown arrows: no css. Under Menus/Menu Bar Spacing I added 30px to the Menu Top Margin and 1.5em to the Desktop Item Vertical Padding.

With so many options in Weaver you can get a lot of interesting looks without coding!

Maureen
    Participant

Just to clarify, I wanted the header images to all point to a non-home page and used Scrambler’s suggestion: insert link and image html in the Header HTML replacement box.

Worked easily and perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.