Home Forums Showcase New Personal Concierge Services website

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Maureen
    Participant

New website built with Weaver Xtreme and Xtreme Plus.

Comments welcome.   Site here.

scrambler

Very Nice.

Great set of common tone images in the parallax home page.

The whole site looks fresh and designer style 🙂

Gillian

Looks great, Maureen.  Love your work 🙂

robfoster
    Participant

Beautiful site, really nice work, only (very slight) thing is the text over the parallax images gets a little lost on the darker images

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks all!  

Rob, I will think I will go back and review the text over the parallax page.

lambert
    Participant

Wow, beautiful, and a really good use of parallax! I will definitely use this one as a benchmark.

Weaver
    Keymaster

This is a case where you might want to consider upping the resolution/size of your BG images. I find on my big screen (1920×1200) that the images are a noticeably fuzzy/pixelated. Not awful or anything, but since I’m so aware of things like this, I do notice it. I’d want to load time test this, too, to find an optimal tradeoff between time and looking good.

I think that for sites that have “beautiful” images important to the goal of the site, that it might be better to error on the side of pretty over fast.

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks Lambert & Weaver. 

The background images are soft. I may be using them larger than I need to. Will have to look at that again.

WDS
    Participant

Maureen, this is a very well planned site.  I knew immediately what the business is about. And the parallax is so well done. It kept me interested all the way down to the footer. The website view on my android phone looks great too. I agree with Lambert that is is a benchmark site.

Maureen
    Participant

Thanks @WDS. Following Weaver’s advise I did go back and uses higher resolution images so they would look crisper and less fuzzy. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.