Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme New homepage for mobile

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I’m looking to create a new homepage that mobile users will see rather than the one I use for desktop. I’ve seen some plugins that purport to give me that functionality, but I was wondering if there’s any setting or a place in Xtreme Plus that I can use without adding another layer of stuff to the site.

Thank you

Michael

Weaver
    Keymaster

Nothing built-in. It is possible to use .is-phone classes in custom html areas, but that is about it.

Michael
    Participant

Thanks I’ll give that a look see. Appreciate it

scrambler

If you just need styling differences for the home page on mobile, this can easily be done with Custom CSS rules using the various mobiles classes available as weaver indicated.

If you need help creating these rules, just give us a link to the home page with what styling changes you wish to accomplish

Michael
    Participant

I’m hiding a block on my main page when it’s viewed on a mobile device. I found “Conditional Display for Mobile by WonderPlugins” that works. I’m experimenting with it to see what how effective it is. My only concern is that it’s not officially tested with the latest version of WordPress, but so far it’s doing ok. The site is AshbyNavis.comĀ  and the text block is the one underneath the carousel.

On a desktop it’s fine, on a mobile device it morphs into an unappealing mess, so now at least I’ve got it disappearing, but I’d love to get away from the plugin.

M

scrambler

I am not seeing which block is disappearing on that page, can you be more specific.

We can definitely hide a block on mobile with CSS, no need for the plugin.

There is also a show_if shortcode with the theme that can be used to show/hide content that is inserted manually with HTML or shortcodes.

Michael
    Participant

There is a text block under the carousel gallery. Well, first there’s a seperator lineĀ  The text block has a blue background. On a mobile device (my android phones, anyway) the text goes away but the blue backgrond stays, that’s what I’m working on now.

scrambler

That text on a blue background appears to be just HTLM and not a wordpress block.

If HTML, you could just use weaver hide_if shortcode

[hide_if device=mobile] Your HTML [/hide_if]

If not, please clarify how you are inserting that content

Also in case you would want the content on mobile, just better laid out, describe what is the issue with the way the content looks on mobile.

Michael
    Participant

The text is in a block, the blue background is from that block. I want the entire block to disappear not just the text.

scrambler

What block specifically, because the HTML does not show the normal classes present when using a block and that make it easy to target with CSS.

Also, when selecting the block, open the advanced options for the block, and give it a class using the “Additional CSS classes” box, and let me know what that class is

Michael
    Participant

Whole thing became moot, the client wanted to go back to the original front page. Andsince the client is always right, that’s what we did.

thanks for the input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.