Home Forums Tutorials and Hints from Users Need a little advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    johnmgerst
    Participant

Okay, I don’t want to ask for too much here but you all have been a wealth of information and I’ve learned so much from applying your suggestions, especially scrambler. So, I had a problem with responsiveness and my website’s appearance on a mobile device. I learned about creating a child theme and using a php file as a template so that I could copy over my home page from the currently operating site and, for the most part, it works great. However, there are still a few bugs that I have been wracking my brain over to fix with no luck. The video box on the top right has a margin at the bottom inside the border that I just can’t delete. And the subscription form background image (sign post, behind the “Get Access” button) only shows up with the narrow screen (simulated mobile by dragging the browser narrower). I’m only looking for a few tips so that I can get back to working, and learning, with a potential solution. Any thoughts?

gottagrowit.ipage.com/public_html

scrambler

There is a bottom 10px margin on the video done by the rule below

video {margin-bottom:10px;}

But it is not having any visual effect on the actual display.

if you want to set it at zero, add that rule with a zero value in MAin option > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

I don’t understand your second question. You appear to have 3 images for the backdrop behind the form, One shows above 991px, the second one under 991px, and the third one below 768px.

All appear as they should, the only problem is the wood panel use as the background image o0f the form does not match the position of the form when the browser in above 991px.

To fix that you need to change the CSS for the background image of the form to make it bigger and add proper positioning rules.

I seem to be able to fix the positionning and size with

background-size:90%;background-position-x:30px;background-position-y:25px;

johnmgerst
    Participant

Thanks, Scrambler. This did the trick and I learned a few more things along the way. I hope I can pay it forward someday.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.