Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Multiple Page with Post for Static Homepage

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

highcotton
    Participant

My site is https://www.walkinginhighcotton.net/

I would like to set up a static homepage organized with multiple categories of filtered content and no sidebar. Similiar to this one…https://www.amodernhomestead.com/

I started out trying to do multiple sliders on one page, but I don’t want the images to slide, I want them to stay until clicked. I was able to get the basic effect using Page with Posts, but only for one filtered category per page.

Is there a way to create a page with multiple Page with Posts sections on the same single page? Can you put page in posts within a widget and do multiple widget areas? Or a way to create a “slider” that doesn’t actually slide and has static images? I’m not great with code or technicalities, so the easiest way is appreciated.

Thanks!

scrambler

What you want is use the weaver  Showposts plugin to display various sets of posts on a single page.

Each Showpost filter will define what category to show and how to display it (columns…)

Then you create a page based on the default template, and you use the Add show post button to add your various show posts shortcodes.

highcotton
    Participant

Thank you, I will try that!

highcotton
    Participant

scrambler–I’ve got it partly there. I’ve got the show post filters set and inserted on the page. But the formatting is awful. https://www.walkinginhighcotton.net/home-page/

I’m not sure how to adjust the font size and image size for just this page to get 4 rows with 3 posts each. A real grid layout on this page.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I really can’t think of a way to use Show Posts to create a grid with equal heights for each post.

There might be either page builder (e.g., Elementor) or Gutenberg Block Editor plugins that could put specific posts in a true grid, but I’m not sure.

If you can figure out a tallest post from each group, you could possibly add a CSS rule something like:

.post-area {min-height: 200px; }

I haven’t tried this, but a rule like that should force each post to have the same minimum height.

scrambler

What option did you use in the filter or in the Post specific option page.

It looks like you are using Masonry

scrambler

The featured Image size can be set in Main Options > Post Specifics > Featured image.

The post title can be set globally in the post options, or on that page with the rule below (place in the theme Global Custom CSS rule box)

.page-id-16279 .post-title a {font-size:80% !important;}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.