March 20, 2015 at 17:37 UTC - Views: 19 #17496
I have 2 questions and wasn’t sure if this is the right category but here goes:
1) I’m using the Default Filter from the Weaver Show Posts plugin. I have selected Hide Title & Hide Top Post Meta Info under Define Post Display Filter Options. When I display the post the Meta info is still above the post. I would actually like this below the post.
2) When I select my name from the post meta data the resultant author archives page has the site title which appears above my header image. Not sure how to remove this.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Kent Smith.March 20, 2015 at 17:47 UTC - Views: 1 #20709
Do you have a link to the page?March 20, 2015 at 20:54 UTC - Views: 1 #20710
Here is the link.March 20, 2015 at 21:52 UTC - Views: 11 #20711
1) I think you are still confused by the SHow Post shortcode and filter.
The post on that page are not displayed using a SHow Posts shortcode, they are displayed just using the page with posts template that has nothing to do with the Show posts plugin and therefore any of its options.
The Options that define the Layout of a post page created using the “page with posts” template are in two places.
Globally in Main options > post Specifics. In the case of the Top and bottom meta info line in the “Post meta Info Areas” section, with the hide top/bottom post info check boxes.
You can override these global options for page with posts in the Page editing page options, where you also have these options “hide top info line” and “Hide bottom info line”
So if you want to hide the top info line on all page with posts use the first one, and if you need to hide them only on that page use the option in the page editing page.
2) Are there any pages where you want to see the site title or tagline?
If not, you need to hide them using Main Options > Header > Site Title / tagline > Hide Site Title and Hide SIte Tagline drop down list options.
If you do want to see them on some pages, then I will give you CSS to hide it on the author pageMarch 21, 2015 at 01:40 UTC - Views: 2 #20712
You have been tremendously helpful yet again – I’ve deactivated the Weaver Show Posts & Weaver Show Slider plugins for now. Just not seeing what’s there with the theme settings.March 21, 2015 at 04:25 UTC - Views: 1 #20713
What do you mean by “ Just not seeing what’s there with the theme settings.” ?March 25, 2015 at 15:00 UTC - Views: 1 #20714
I mean that Weaver Xtreme has a learning curve because it offers so much control which takes time to learn.
Thanks again for you help Scrambler.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.