Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Moving from a local host to an online server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CharlieVA
    Participant

When i move a project from a local host to a server, should I have the theme already on the server or move all the files at once when I output from the local host

scrambler
    I am not an expert in that subject, so someone else like @weaver may have to confirm.
    You can probably either have the theme and theme support plugin installed before, or you can move them with the rest of your data.
    Either way, the settings are stored in the database, so when the theme and plugin are activated, the settings should automatically be activated with them.
    You should of course download all your settings before in case you have to reload them.
    If you dont have “Plus” so that in Save / Restore > Download ALL settings.
    If you have “Plus” also go to +Xtreme Plus > Save / Restore > Download ALL settings
    CharlieVA
    Participant

Well, I obviously didn’t do it correctly as almost not settings for Weaver Xtreme were there.

When, and if I know how to do it correctly, I’ll start over. And of course, I realize it’s my problem and not yours.

scrambler
    If you have successfully installed WordPress and loaded your database on the Server Host, and if you have Installed the weaver Xtreme Theme as well as the Xtreme Theme support Plugin. you can simply go to your local host, Download ALL the settings using the method I mentioned above, Then go to your Host installation, and Upload these settings.
    Remember that you may have to redo some of the wordpress settings like Header Image, background, Custom Menu allocation, Widget allocation (moving them back in the proper widget area)
    I forgot to mention that you should read the FAQ below as it should have everything you need
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.