Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Modify Search results page layout

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NickDe
    Participant

I would like to remove the default sidebar from the page that displays Search results. How do I do that?
    Thank you.

scrambler

If you have the Plus plugin, it is supposed to share the page type sidebar setting with the 404 page.

BUT it looks like there is a bug.

@weaver
    , It seems the Search page results is not inheriting the Sidebar layout set for the 404 page. Is that a bug ?

The weird thing is on my test site the search page has no sidebar even if I select a sidebar layout for ALL page types. Yet the OP says he has a sidebar on his search page.

@Nickde
      Can you provide a link to your site

NickDe
    Participant

Yes, here’s the site: https://richmondcarotary.org/

Again, I would like to remove the sidebar from the Search results page.

Thanks.

scrambler

Until we hear from Weaver, you should try each of the page type Sidebar Layout options found in Customize (in WHERE mode) > Sidebar & Layout > Page type sidebar layout, and see if one changes the Search page.

If you find the one that changes the search page, and it conflicts with some other pages, you can still override the layout in these pages using the page editing page option.

If no solution comes from weaver or the above, I can come up with the CSS to eliminate it

NickDe
    Participant

I found a good workaround. The plug-in I use to control Widget placement, Classic Widgets, includes the Search page in the list of pages, posts, and categories on which I can choose to show or hide the Widgets. I therefore added a Text Widget in the Search page. The text lists website pages in which the Search function does not operate (external feeds).

When you can’t beat ’em…

Nick

Weaver
    Keymaster

When I use the settings for “Sidebars and Widget Layout” from the Where customizer, the search page option works as expected.

scrambler

Good to know, I guess something is corrupted in my test site….

NickDe
    Participant

Yes, Weaver, the Sidebars and Widget Layout > Search results, 404 does indeed do what I was asking about. I just didn’t find it among the Customize options when I looked earlier.

Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.