Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme – mobile optimization with Xtreme…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jaimereborn
    Participant

I have noticed that when I used the Xtreme theme, that the mobile view on a number devices seemed to be optimized without needing to add any mobile plug-ins or additional configuration.

Is Xtreme set up differently for mobile optimization or will this vary from website to website built and from device to device?

…thanks, 
    scrambler

You are just finding out Weaver theme are responsive? 🙂

Xtreme is even more responsive than Weaver II, with a lot more control over how the content adapt to the various device sizes.

I am not quite sure what specific answer you are looking for.

jaimereborn
    Participant

Scrambler,

On many Wordpess websites that I have built, I still have to go in an modify the website for it to display properly on mobile.

On the two occasions that I have used Xtreme, the websites came up on the mobile devices already optimized.

I’m asking whether or not Xtreme has some additional mobile optimization program or is it just the luck of the draw, insofar as mobile optimization, depending on what myriad of other factors.  

Is there a new additional mobile feature in Xtreme that is different than Weaver II Pro?

…thanks,

Weaver
    Keymaster

Well, I guess I would call how well Weaver Xtreme works responsively the result of careful design, and recognition of a lot of feedback from Weaver II.

One of the biggest improvements is management of different areas – header parts, sidebars, etc. Weaver Xtreme has lots of options to easily hide or show specific areas on different devices. We also worked very hard to improve the mobile menus, and believe that Weaver Xtreme’s default mobile menu is one of the best available, and Xtreme Plus offers an alternate menu/mobile menu that is equally innovative and is also better than most other themes.

But mostly, it just works. Having the feedback of Weaver II over several years, plus some innovation in what lots of other web designers have made more recently, has resulted in a responsive design that means you often don’t need to do anything.

jaimereborn
    Participant

…awesome.

Weaver, I heard nothing but favorable reviews with the mobile version of the two websites that I used Xtreme basic on.

…but, if I’m hearing you correctly, you’ve proactively worked to improve the mobile features, but there are still situations in which, even using Xtreme, that there will need to be some additional optimization done to get a better mobile look.

I was trying to find out if there was something different, specifically, with Xtreme that was making the mobile look more optimized that when the other themes in the Weaver family.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The default responsive will always look very good. But the additional options allow you to easily hide content – say some of the sidebar areas on different devices. If you don’t use any of these extra options, things will look good – but sometimes one might want to reduce the total amount of content displayed on smaller devices. There is a shortcode that allows content to be selectively displayed by device. But these options are usually most helpful for organizing content by device, and not necessarily the look/style.

jaimereborn
    Participant

…thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.