Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Mobile Menu Missing

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nstratman
    Participant

I can’t persuade the mobile menu to appear on http://www.lavenhamliteraryfestival.co.uk.The site has been structurally altered during develpment to the point where I wouldn’t start from here as it were. Originally the children’s festival (LCBF) content (about 10 pages) was going to co-exist with the main festival content, but look completely different. So I have a lot of per page settings in place on those 10 pages and alternate header and footer. In the event we decided to mothball the original site pages and focus on the new, but I still have most of the per page settings in place.

The LCBF menu is implemented as a Weaver X Plus widget in a SiteOrigin row in the Header widget area. It does not appear on the front page nor the home page – although I may add it to the latter. (The images are used for navigation). The x plus widget is styled using the primary menu.

The mobile / desktop switch is set to 768px and Smart Menu is on.

I can’t persuade the mobile menu to appear on the content pages e.g. https://www.lavenhamliteraryfestival.co.uk/a-m-howell

If I slowly shrink my desktop browser window, there’s a point at which the menu moves to the bottom centre of the header area, then shrink it a tad more and the menu disappears.

I’ve fiddled about so much with the various menu settings that I’ve got myself confused and probably created some sort of settings conflict but I can’t spot what I’ve done.

Save my sanity please.

scrambler

It is there at the bottom left, but the hamburger is white on white so you cannot see it.

To change the color of the hamburger, you can add the rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

.menu-primary .wvrx-menu-container .wvrx-menu-button {color:black;}

nstratman
    Participant

Thank you that works fine. I’d never have thought of doing that.

Could I have set the menu up in a way that I could style the hamburger menu from available Weaver settings?

scrambler

No, the hamburger menu takes the menu item color. I guess it assumes you will have a menu item color that provides contrast with the menu bar BG, but if you use the menu items BG for that contrast, you can end up with no contrast between the menu bar BG and the hamburger menu.

nstratman
    Participant

I will have a play with the menu item / background at some point. I recall now that I did have my main menu set up that way, but for reasons I couldn’t figure out, the menu bar looked as if it either had a ton of padding at the beginning and end of the area, or there was a null menu item at the beginning and at the end. So to get round it I changed the background colour so that the extra space wouldn’t be visible. Please don’t spend any more time on this though. It’s working with your help and I’ve other tasks remaining. I’ll loop back round at some point and if the question remains I’ll post it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.