Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders missing CSS question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dale_lbc
    Participant

I know this post is old, but it explains my problem well.  The problem I am having is described by scrambler when he said, “I do not see the rules in the developer tool. They are not being applied to the designated object“.

When I view the source for my page and search for “atw” i find the reference to the stylesheet, I find the style I added with the comment
    /* Weaver Show Posts Custom CSS */”, and i find the class “atw-show-post” in a div wrapping the whole post. 

None of the other CSS classes are in the source.  I used the example from the plugin page, “.atw-entry-title a {color: green;}”.  Nothing happens because that class name is not wrapped around the title.

Using Weaver xtreme 1.2.2 and Show Post Plugin 1.3

I’m doing all this work on an internal development machine, so i cannot share the link.

thanks,
    Dale

scrambler

This discussion was created from comments split from: ATW Show post Custom CSS Not working.

scrambler
    We cannot trouble shoot this kind of things without a link to the site.
    If you want support, you need to setup a test site online that we can access. You can install wordpress in a subfolder of any site you maintain and clone your site there for that purpose.
    Then provide a link to your page showing the problem.
    But you also need to be a lot more specific about what you are trying to achieve, and what you have done so far
    Also the latest version of Xtreme is 1.2.4
    dale_lbc
    Participant

Thanks scrambler.  I upgraded to Xtreme 1.2.4.

I was able to open my local dev server to the public.

dev.ladybehindthecurtain.com

I am using Show Posts to show the single most recent post at the top of my home page using a “page with posts” page.  I set up a simple filter that selects just one post without any other filtering.

I expected to see the atw classes around the various elements, but they are not there.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Dale

Weaver
    Keymaster

With the options you have set, you should NOT see atw classes on the generated output from a [show_posts].

By default, when used with a Weaver theme, the Weaver native post display code is used, and you will get all the normal Weaver classes around the post. The point is to make the posts match the other theme posts.

If you don’t want this, then there is an option on the first option block of Show Posts to NOT use the Weaver theme post display code.

dale_lbc
    Participant

That helps. 

There are definitely trade-offs between using the theme support and not.  I’ll have to work through the options to see what works best.

Thanks once again for your help.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@dale_lbc:

Note that while the styling within a post generated this way will use Weaver classes, the post will be wrapped in .atw-show-post, so that you can give specific styling to posts created with [show_posts] by prefixing the rules with .atw-show-post.

scrambler

You can always find a selector combination that will target what you need. If you are having a problem finding it, give us a link to the page with what you are trying to target

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.