Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Menu bar logo

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Arro
    Participant

Center aligned, fixed to top menu bar and add logo to left is checked. I set the height of the logo on menu to 4.0 em but the bar looks the same.

Will it change height when the logo is added and how does the logo get placed onto the menu bar? (Since the page logo is on light background it will not look right on the dark menu bar, so, I have a separate logo to go on the dark menu bar.)

Add site logo to the left is checked.

Once the logo is on the menu bar the nav link items should be to the right of the logo and the whole content of the menu bar should be centered.

I hope this is clear. Thanks!

scrambler

Just add your logo, and if you need specific changes, post a link to the site so we can give you precise guidelines

Private Reply
    Arro
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

The site logo can only be set in the Customizer.

Customizing ▸ General Options & Admin > Site Identity

Arro
    Participant

I do not see Site identity under General Options & Admin.

I want to send you a screenshot so you believe what I say but your system will not let me paste a screenshot into this box or into your insert/edit image tool to send to you. I do not see a Site Identity option. It shows six options under General Options & Admin:  Homepage settings  |  Set Options Level  |  Admin  |  Save Settings  |  Restore Settings  |  Legacy Weaver Xtreme Admin

BTW – the customizer always shows a yellow highlighted settings message that says “Please wait, customizer is loading.” This message never goes away which must mean the customizer is not fully loading for some reason.

Thank You.

scrambler

I have no idea how you could not have that option at the top of General options & Admin inside the Customizer.

Please provide a link to you site, and also paste here the content of the system info box found in Appearance > Weaver Xtreme Admin > Theme Help > You system and configuration info box so we can see what you are using

This site does not host images, so you have to host the image somewhere online and post a URL to it here

Private Reply
    Arro
    Participant
    scrambler

Most likely, which brings a different problem.

If the Yellow bar customizer loading does not disappear, then something is wrong with your installation.

• Can you actually navigate the customizer with that bar on at all?
    • If you can and you do, does the yellow bar always stay there?
    • Can you change options in there, save, and they work?

If your customizer is not finishing to load, read through the guide article below to check a few things on your system.

One strange thing in your system info, is that it shows nothing in the Server Memory limit, you may want to ask your service provider if they can set that to 256M

Settings Won’t Save from Customizer – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

scrambler

I also see an error message in the browser console when I open your page that says

GET http://kernwide.com/KernWide/weaver-xtreme/style.css net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

Which definitely indicate something is wrong with the install

You may want to save your settings and download a copy in the save/restore page

Then switch to a different theme

Then delete all weaver theme and plugin

Then reinstall the Xtreme theme and the Xtreme Theme Support PLUGIN from wordpress and activate to see if that helps.

Private Reply
    Arro
    Participant
    Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

OK, so the problem was the child theme.

FYI, you do not need a child theme, unless you need to make PHP changes in the theme template.

All Custom CSS changes can be made using the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box, and that is saved with other theme settings to survive any update..

As for the design, I am not clear on what you are trying to achieve, so you will have to elaborate.

Right now you have no header image, but you have the logo added to the Site title tagline area, and you have set Title tagline to be moved over the header image. As that is empty you are getting a mess.

If what you want is for the logo to show up on the menu bar itself, the use the option below to add it to the menu bar
    Customizing ▸ Layout > Menus > Add Site logo to left

Then Hide the Logo from the title tagline section using
    Customizing ▸ Visibility > Header Area > Hide Site Logo > Hide on all devices

Then uncheck the option to move Title over header image in
    Customizing ▸ Spacing, Widths, Alignment > Header Area > Move title tagline over header image

Arro
    Participant
      <li class=”bbp-body”>

If what you want is for the logo to show up on the menu bar itself, the use the option below to add it to the menu bar
      Customizing ▸ Layout > Menus > Add Site logo to left  Done but do not see logo on bar yet. 

Then Hide the Logo from the title tagline section using
      Customizing ▸ Visibility > Header Area > Hide Site Logo > Hide on all devices  Done

Then uncheck the option to move Title over header image in
      Customizing ▸ Spacing, Widths, Alignment > Header Area > Move title tagline over header image This disrupted everything and made the header image drop below the site title text. I need the tagline where it is over the header image and I need Title where it is below the header image. Header image is not the same as logo. Logo needs to go on menu bar to the left of nav links. 

Arro
    Participant

Sorry Scrambler, I made my responses in red but for some reason this system turned them black making them hard for you to see.

Arro
    Participant

Thank you for your patience, Scrambler.

scrambler

I can see your logo on the menu bar if you wanted it there.

You are still not clearly explaining what you want to achieve, I will assume you are trying to get the title tagline to appear below the header image.

Right now you are using move title tagline OVER header image , yet putting crazy values on title and tagline to push them down below, This is NOT the way to proceed.

If you want the Title and tagline to be blow the header image, you need to do the following

Uncheck the Options to move the Site title / tagline over the header image

Hide the site Title AND The Site tagline using their respective hide options

Add the shortcode below in the Header HTML area found in

Customizing ▸ Added Content (HTML Areas…)> Site Header Area > Header HTML Content

to insert them there below the header image

[site_title matchtheme=true]
    [site_tagline matchtheme=true]

If you need more changes, please explain in detail where each element should be (menu, logo, header image, title tagline…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.