Home Forums Weaver for bbPress Member Options redirecting to 404

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marvel 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Marvel
    Participant

Whenever I save the Member Options section in the admin settings, I get redirected to page 404, event though the url is the same. every other section works well.

Wordpress version = Version 4.9.4

Bbpress version = Version 2.5.14

Weaver for bbpress version = Version 1.1.3

Weaver
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce that.

Do the options you set actually get saved – for the Members tab, or any of the others?

The fact is that all of the Save Options buttons cycle to the same URL, as you noticed, so it is very puzzling why just that tab would not work.

You could try the “Redirection” plugin to make a log of 404s and see exactly what the url was that caused the 404.

But this is very puzzling as to how this could happen.

Marvel
    Participant

The options don’t get saved in the Members options section.

I just tried it on a new wordpress installation with only bbpress installed. Same results.

Weaver
    Keymaster

But do the options get saved from other options tabs?

I will not be available for the rest of the day, unfortunately.

Perhaps you could create an admin account for me on the site (account name weaver, e-mail: [email protected]), and I could see what is going on. But the member options work as expected on my development site, as well as this one. But I’ve never heard of anything like this before, especially on two sites. If you want to create the account on the fresh site with only bbpress, that would be fine.

Have you tried using a different WordPress theme?

I will try to look at this as soon as possible.

This issue is #1 on my priority list.

Private Reply

Marvel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster

Marvel
    Participant

It is ok. Whenever you could get to it is fine.

Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster

Marvel
    Participant

I’ve filled you in as keymaster.

The forum settings are mostly there because I was trying everything possible to see and fix what could be wrong. You can change them as you deem fit.

Thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

@marvel

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help and patience! I seriously needed your platform to test as I couldn’t reproduce the issue on my own sites.

I found a bug, but one that did not manifest itself on any of the sites I use Weaver for bbPress on. I can only suspect a difference in PHP versions. Whatever, it is fixed. I left a working version on the stage site, but the normal update via WP updates should appear soon.

Now you should not need the Hide Admin Bar plugin as that is one of Weaver for bbPress’s options.

And good luck with your site. It looks as if it will have very interesting content and discussions for what I believe is an under served audience. Please let me know if you have any more issues, or run into some feature you might like to admin the forum part of your site.

Marvel
    Participant

Yay! 🌞🌞🌞

Thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.