Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Media file renamed after scaling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seb
    Participant

I don´t know if this is theme related, but I have searched at google and wordpress forums and found nothing. It seems that media files that I upload and make a scaling on are getting renamed with an extra ending like e1454658508978. Sometimes when try to do scaling in Media library It does not work to scale. When I add the scaling number (300) the second box will be filled with the letters “NaN”.

My site was hacked a while ago but I have cleaned it and have Sucuri firewall installed. When I look in the Sucuri dashboard they often get Back-door-location denied when it is a request like this:

/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii/editor-style-css.php?mce=1&twidth=633&fontsize=12&fontfamily=Verdana%2CArial%2Csans-serif&titlefont=Verdana%2CArial%2Csans-serif&bg=%23FFFAB5&textcolor=%23333333&hdgcolor=%23000000&inbg=%23F0F0F0&a=%23C4151C&ahover=%23C4151C&table=bold&list=disc&imgcapt=%23333333&imgbcolor=transparent&wp-mce-4208-20151113

I do not know what it means but since it involves the editor-style-css I would like to know if it has something to do with the theme.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Naming of media image files are not theme related. The need for renaming like that after editing or changing a media file it to avoid overwriting the original versions of you uploaded images. Themes and plugins that properly interface to the media library will be able to find the correct name of the latest version of an image. Weaver’s Show Sliders plugin was recently updated to handle this new feature of WordPress properly.

The other thing you asked about has nothing to do with the media files, but is an important and essential part of how Weaver interacts with the TinyMCE Page/Post editor. The methods used for this area perfectly safe and within all WordPress programming standards. Apparently your firewall is overly aggressive in what it blocks.

seb
    Participant

Thanks for your answer. I have also consulted Sucuri and they tell me the same thing as you about renaming media files. Still I have a problem with scaling and the screen where I edit media-files do not show correctly, but that is not your problem I suppose. I have updated all my plugins to latest version and I think I have to inactivate them one by one to see if some plugin interfear with this function.
    And again thanks for quick and accurate answer

Weaver
    Keymaster

I actually encountered the same issue myself at some point – I ended up with a bunch of renamed, resized files in the Media Library, but they weren’t showing.

This was when using Weaver Show Sliders, if I recall correctly. I had to make a fix to Weaver Show Sliders to get the new images to display properly. This was because there was a change in how WordPress supplied media filenames to the plugin.

So, if a plugin is displaying the images some how (via a gallery or something), it is likely the plugin has the same issue Show Sliders did.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.