Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Mainmenu with submenu

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JMittendorf
    Participant

Hello,

I have on my website https://www.iw-nordharz.de one menu, and some entries have a submenu.

When I click for example on “Urlaub” I will see nothing, but I see a empty page.
    When I click on “Urlaub” I want that nothing happens, when I click on “Nordsee” I want to see the page “Nordsee”

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks.

Jörg

Weaver
    Keymaster

It seems you’ve defined a custom menu from the standard WordPress dashboard menus interface. And for your example, Urlaub, seems to have no content and you seem to be hiding page titles.

The empty page has nothing to show. The footer is still being displayed.

So, you can make that item a Custom link, and specify https://www.iw-nordharz.de/# as the page address. That will stay on the displayed page if the item is clicked. You can also use the Per Page options for that page, and under the Misc Options per page tab, there is an option to make the page a “Placeholder” page. That will accomplish the same thing. But then on the Menus Weaver Options, there is an option to change the cursor for place holder pages so that it won’t look like a link anymore.

JMittendorf
    Participant

Hello Weaver,

thank you very much for the quick support. It works with the placeholder page under misc options.

Thanks.

Jörg

JMittendorf
    Participant

This solution only works with the plugin weaver xtreme plus.

Your first solution works without the plugin. For one menuentry it is ok, but what can I do with two or more menuentries with submenus?

scrambler

You are going to have to elaborate…

Both the placeholder option in the page editing page, and the # in the WordPress custom Menu works without plus.

They will allow any page menu item not to link to anything, so what do you mean by

“what can I do with two or more menu entries with submenus?”

JMittendorf
    Participant

When I use the # in the WordPress Custom Menu for my menuentry “Urlaub”, can I use this also for my menuentry “Dies und Das” ?

Like this

Urlaub

and
    https://www.iw-nordharz.de/Dies und Das/#

I have tried it, but it doesn’t work.

JMittendorf
    Participant

When I use the # in the WordPress Custom Menu for my menuentry “Urlaub”, can I use this also for my menuentry “Dies und Das” ?

Like this

Urlaub

and
    https://www.iw-nordharz.de/DiesundDas/#

I have tried it, but it doesn’t work.

scrambler

Sorry, I don’t follow.

If I go to your site and click on either the urlaub menu item or the Dies und Das menu item, nothing happens so it is working

JMittendorf
    Participant

Yes when you go to my site and click on either the urlaub menu item or the Dies und Das menu item everything is ok.
    I have set the option placeholder for these two pages under Misc Menu, Editor, and CSS Options in the weaver xtreme options.

But when I don’t use these options and I use the # for these two menu item, it doesn’t work. What make I wrong?

scrambler

If you use the WordPress custom menu, you have to delete the page from the menu items list.

Then you add a new menu item using “Custom Links”.

In the “URL” box you type #, and in the “link Text” box you type the page name

But using the Placeholder is just as easy and does the same, so no need to bother 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

Your trouble with creating custom menus with links are pretty much basic WordPress questions. Finding a WP tutorial on Custom Menus might help your understanding.

JMittendorf
    Participant

Hello Weaver,

thank you very much. Yes my trouble with creating custom menus with links are wordpress questions.

Sorry, I will search myself.

Jörg

Weaver
    Keymaster

We are more than happy to answer theme related questions, and often CSS questions about how to extend Weaver options with custom CSS. But if the issue is basic core WordPress features, usually there is much better information available on the web.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.