Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Lost text in ‘Search’ Box

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Brian R K
    Participant

Hi, hope someone is able to help.

I started using Weaver Xtreme approximately 4 years and in setting it up I must have clicked on something that caused the text in the ‘Search Box’ to be recorded as white, on a white background.  If I type a search term (accurately as I can’t see the result of what I’m typing) it will identify the appropriate pages.  This wasn’t a trouble initially as the number of pages on the website was very limited.  Now that the website is much larger, having a ‘working’ search box is becoming more important.

The website is http://www.downleyhistory.uk.  I have checked and I am using the latest version of WP, and the Weaver theme (which I have childified’) is version 5.  I’m hoping that this can be corrected without the need for CSS insertions.

Thanks

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

There are theme options for the search boxes Background and text, just look them up 🙂

Legacy admin: Main options > Content Areas > Search Boxes > Search Input text

Customize (in Where mode) > Content Areas > Search boxes > Search Input text

Brian R K
    Participant

Thanks ‘scrambler’,

It was a long time since I played around with the style and had forgotten just what it can do if you know the correct terminology such as ‘search box’!

Thanks again, much appreciated

Take care

brian k

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.