This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Maureen 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • Author

merlojh
    Participant
    Why this the logo won’t work?
    jackson-logo.png There has been an error cropping your image.

merlojh
    Participant

sorry this is the website http://michaelwaynejackson.com/

scrambler

Would you care to elaborate 🙂

• Were are your trying to use the image, header image, page feature image, post feature image etc…
    • How are you selecting the image
    • What is the Image URL (from your media library)

Weaver
    Keymaster

When you upload an image to the media library, it creates various sizes of each image.

If there is some problem creating different sized, or cropping an image, you can get the error message you gave.

I’m not sure how the site Logo is handled by WP. But I think it is possible that WP can’t handle cropping and regenerating .png images. If you have one with transparent backgrounds, then you should use a photo editor on your computer to resize the logo to the required logo size, then reupload so you don’t need to crop it or resize it.

merlojh
    Participant

Not sure what is going on no matter what size I make the logo whether it is a jpeg or png or what size it  gives the same message. I used Photoshop to make it many different sizes. It worked for me the first time I placed the logo but I needed to change it now it gives me that error message cannot crop? Is there another way to place the logo in the menu area? Thanks John

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is some chance that the PHP on you host doesn’t include the library used to do the cropping.

But there should be an option when loading the logo to skip the cropping.

merlojh
    Participant

No I did not see the option is there any other way to solve this problem? This is funny because it originally loaded correctly and then all of a sudden it quit. I had to make a new logo so I deleted the original and made a new one and that is when I stared getting the message. John

scrambler

Use the logo as is, and we can size it using CSS

merlojh
    Participant

That sounds good but it won’t even show up in the menu area? Is there a way to use html? John

Weaver
    Keymaster

Try re-installing WordPress: From the Dashboard -> Updates menu, click the “Re-install Now” button for WordPress. I don’t know why you are having this issue – it doesn’t make any sense, but perhaps reinstalling WP will update libraries.

If you have Weaver Xtreme Plus, there is a left hand menu bar HTML area.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Just another note – there must be something screwy with your WP installation. If I try to add or change the logo via the Customizer : General Options & Admin -> Site Identiy -> Logo menu, either by changing or adding a new one, I get a “Skip Cropping” button when I select an image for the logo.

It seems unlikely, but this could possibly be related to your admin privledges when trying to make this change.

merlojh
    Participant

I do have the pro version now but have not put it on this site. So form what I understand if I use it on this site I can get the logo on the left without using the customizer? How is this done? John

scrambler

Main options > Menus > Primary menu bar > Left HTML box

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks for you help. I have a question the customize option it just comes with Word Press when you download does it not or am I wrong? John

scrambler

I am not sure what your question is here.

Xtreme offers two way to set its options. The WordPress Customizer filled with Xtreme Specific options, or the legacy admin in Appearance.

The options in both places come from the theme Itself.

merlojh
    Participant

Just the basic Word Press download without Weaver theme does it download with the customize option? john

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.