Home Forums Showcase Local outdoor recreation website. News, stories, resources, and forum.

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Answered

Bobthearch
    Participant

http://hikeraton.com/

The main feature is intended to be a database of parks, public lands, lakes, and trails.  My education is in Outdoor Recreation, and I’m involved somewhat in local tourism and supporting outdoor events.

It’s most a WordPress site using the Weaver Xtreme theme and with help from SiteOrigin PageBuilder, TablePress, Category Posts Widget, and other plugins.  The forum software is Simple Machine Forum.

So it’s a combination reference-resourse / magazine / community / blog website.

scrambler

I would replace the brown header by a nice mountain line image, and use a less intense brown for the menu bar.

For some reason, bright intense color (unless it is the caribean palette) tend to make a site look less professional.

Bobthearch
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler.  I’m going to stew on that and maybe try a few different things.

While I don’t miss the 1990-era obnoxious but flat website colors, it seems the ‘modern’ web style is to make everything white or pale and plain…

And it seems like thin header images are a thing of the past too.

Best Answer

scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

You have to go with the flow, more pastel color rule these days 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.