Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro Loading page in Andriod Phone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wnovice
    Participant

whenever I access http://www.controsys.com on my android phone,  it will show the page, either:

1. very big size .. such that I have to pinch the screen to fit the whole page within the phone screen

or

2.  the header / horizontal menu will not be shown in full  but there are 2 buttons “Full’ and ‘Menu!” to select to enable a proper full page to be shown (still it appears very big size as described in 1. above).

What setting must I do to enable a full page to be shown within the phone screen on first access?

Weaver
    Keymaster

First, it would NOT be a good idea to do what you suggest. (If I properly understand your comment: What setting must I do to enable a full page to be shown within the phone screen on first access?

The behavior your are seeing is exactly as designed. Because Weaver II is fairly old now, the use of the Full/Mobile button design is considered outdated these days.

But if your site goes to a full page that has to be pinched down, you will definitely alienate people who visit your site from a phone. Phone browse users, as a whole, get irritated by non-mobile friendly sites. This has been proven to be true by studies, and it is just not good practice to present users with a full view.

That said, you can eliminate the Full/Mobile icons by selecting one of the two responsive only modes on the “Mobile” Weaver II tab.

If you really want the full site loaded (and you shouldn’t), then you can check the “Disable Mobile Support” option. This will disable the mobile view, and users will always see the full site.

wnovice
    Participant

Thank you.

If I upgrade to Weaver Xtreme, will it be better?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver Xtreme is fully responsive, and has a few more options for laying out the sidebars for mobile devices that you might find important – like displaying a sidebar before the main content on mobile devices.

There is a conversion tool to help move from Weaver II to Xtreme.

scrambler
    Conversion procedure is here
    Demo site is here

Home

Do understand that the whole point of a responsive theme like weaver theme is to automatically reorganize content on mobile devices so the whole site is easily viewable there without having to do some horizontal scrolling or zooming.
    So as the screen gets smaller, the menu bar changes to a slide open menu, the sidebar move from the side to either above or below the content, multi column widgets have the number of columns changes so they dont become too narrow etc…
    This is what people expect today, they want the site content to adapt to the screen for easy browsing.
    wnovice
    Participant

Thank you.

I am convinced that I have to upgrade to Xtreme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.