Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Licensing Activation Question

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    businessnaples
    Participant

The licensing says that updates and support is active for 18 months. It also says that each site needs its own activation. The question is: If I buy 12 licenses is the update/support period started at the purchase date or each activation starts the clock for that license/site? I am a developer and would like to buy the 12 licenses but may activate them over a period of time. If support all starts at once I may do an initial activation a year after purchase and then only have 6 months of support/updates left. Can you further calrify how the support/update period works for multiple license purchase?

Weaver
    Keymaster

The licensing plugin used to handle licenses is not really set up to be that refined. The license pack for all activations starts when you purchase, and runs for 18 months from the date of purchase no matter when you first activate it.

If you think about it, it would be really hard to set up a renewal for the license – otherwise the licensing software could be tracking 12 different renewal dates for the same license – that just doesn’t make sense from a bookkeeping viewpoint.

businessnaples
    Participant

Thanks and I do understand. Just makes it a little awkward for a developer to have to keep track of which “batch” of sites were created using which license and then updating those sites with a different license at different times. I like the way many plugins have a “developers” license for unlimited sites and then just update once and keep all sites updated all the time against that one license. Guess I can create a plugin to manage it!

Thanks for a great product!
    Weaver
    Keymaster

How much more would you pay for a developer’s license for unlimited number of sites, but the same 18 month period?

businessnaples
    Participant

This is a hard one. It seems that a number of theme providers are in the $90-$100 per year range for access, updates & support. I would think that something in the $130-$180 every 18 months might be OK.I suppose it depends on how many developers you have as customers that are using more than 12 licenses. I am not a huge developer but  I have been using Weaver exclusively on many more than 12 sites. Your old pricing was more than excellent (pay one time for unlimited use and support) and I understand the need to move on to more sustainable pricing. It’s just a big jump from where it was and it is essentially just one theme (albeit a great and flexible one!). Your support is excellent. I’ll most probably use the new WeaverXtreme on small sites and stick with Weaver II Pro for a while for existing and new, more demanding sites and use the Xtreme Plus when I can get the client to spring for the individual license. Just some thoughts. I’ll keep informed via your forum (for some reason I am not receiving the emails even though I am set to get them?). Thanks for responding and willingness to work with us.

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is a new unlimited site, 18 month license for $150, probably $100 for renewal.

This is really necessary if Weaver is to remain an actively supported theme.

The number of Weaver II Pro sites is on a continuous upward slope in numbers, while the revenue generated is a steady downward trend the past year or so. That does not give the incentive needed to continue support and development. A model that helps provide a steadier income flow helps.

I do continue to be amazed at how little people value their own time. Weaver Xtreme is so much better than Weaver II Pro. It will without any doubt whatsoever save each person using it at least several hours of development time for any given site. Spread that over just a few sites, and we’re talking about saving hours and hours of your own valuable time. Just assume a truly absurdly low number of saving yourself 10 hours over a dozen sites. To avoid paying for a multi-site license for Weaver Xtreme Plus, you are paying yourself a pretty measly $10/hour. And is this just a very base case. I just don’t get why people don’t understand that by paying for a better tool, you will pay yourself back many times over, and that the tool maker will then be able to provide you better and better tools.

These aren’t Phone apps used by hundreds of thousands of users for 99 cents. These  are software tools targeted to a fairly small group of people building a custom website without requiring extensive custom PHP coding as is usually the case for WordPress themes. There literally is no other theme that allows the kind of customization that Weaver Xtreme does.

treacle
    Participant

My apologies for butting in here but my tuppenny contribution for what it’s worth is to say that any serious developer who considers $150 per 18months for unlimited sites unreasonable, should perhaps be looking at their business model.
    $100 dollars per year is a snap for such a fantastic product that can potentially earn them a great deal of money.
    I am not a serious developer in any way, I’m just very enthusiastic and I maintain a couple of friends’ sites and a couple of local community charity sites and not one of them had any issue whatsoever about the Weaver Plus fee and they are people who can least afford…
    Anyone in business today who is serious about the maintenance of their business knows the value of a well constructed website, in many cases it is crucial to the success of their business and they wouldn’t think twice about the Plus fee. It simply becomes a necessary cost of sale in the accounts, but it’s a cost of sale that can potentially earn them more business by making their website more flexible, attractive etc etc.
    At the other end of the scale, I was asked recently to have a look at another friend’s website (a wordpress site – can’t remember which theme, it doesn’t matter) and to cut a long story short, what my friend wanted simply wasn’t going to be achieved with the existing theme. I suggested he downloaded Xtreme which he did and now his site rocks along a treat. He then considered Plus and obviously was having a bit of a think about it when his daughter asked him to make a site for her new business…….Result? Plus will soon be purchased and father and daughter more than happy to split the fee.
    Whichever way you cut the cake this is a fantastic product and it simply cannot be maintained for nothing.
    Rant over!!

Maureen
    Participant

Re: @treacle “rant” — I agree.   And when you add in the suburb support, the value of Weaver Plus theme increases tremendously. 

businessnaples
    Participant

This is good news. How would I purchase a developer license? I don’t see it on your  pricing schedule.

Thanks!
    Weaver
    Keymaster

It is a purchase option: http://shop.weavertheme.com/

barbeluk1
    Participant

This is great news. I’ve been uming and ahhing over buying Xtreme as I hate keeping track of numbers of licenses used. Now there is an unlimited option available, I’ll be making a purchase.

Out of interest, what happens if you don’t renew after the 18 months (not that I wouldn’t). Does the support and update availability simply stop??
    Thanks,
    Andy 
    robfoster
    Participant

you’ll always get support on the forum, i think the updates would stop

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.