Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Left side bar marin and clipping

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gunfacts
    Participant

Having trouble finding a way to removes padding/margin on the left sidebar.

In the graphic below, you can see a lot of white space on the right side of the sidebar. When I adjust the sidebar width percentage, the button gets clipped on the right side and the Google ad will disappear, but there is is substantial padding.

The most narrow I can get the sidebar width is 18% before it all goes haywire. Looking to reclaim the space so I have more latitude with layout, font sizes, etc.

SITE: http://www.gunfacts.info/

WP: 5.6.2

XTREME:  4.4.5

scrambler

Firts, you added HTML to limit the widget width to 60% of the sidebar, and you repeated that rule many times…

@media (min-width:768px) {
    #primary-widget-area .widget {float:left;margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    #primary-widget-area .widget-1{width:60.00000%;clear:both;}
    }
    #secondary-widget-area .widget {float:left;margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    #secondary-widget-area .widget-1{width:60.00000%;clear:both;}
    }
    .widget-area-primary .widget {float:left;margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    .widget-area-primary .widget-1{width:60.00000%;clear:both;}
    }
    .widget-area-secondary .widget {float:left;margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    .widget-area-secondary .widget-1{width:60.00000%;clear:both;}
    }

Once you eliminate the redundant rules and the with, you should be able to reduce the sidebar width to 11% without causing damage.
    Note that the content of the widget has a hard width of 131px which is not responsive
    So with the sidebar being a percentage, if it is made to eliminate the space on a large browser (like 11%), when the browser will get smaller, it will clip the fixed width content

After you play with the width, if that is an issue we can look into redoing the sidebar CSS to use a fixed width sidebar of 131px

gunfacts
    Participant

Thanks. But I’m not seeing those entries in my linked CSS file or in the Custom CSS Rules section of Xtreme (the only two places I rely on). Using find, the substring ‘widg’ doesn’t appear in either.

Can you point out from your inspection tool from where these entries are being pulled? All the references in my inspector point back to the weaver CSS file.

scrambler

I am confused about the origin of the CSS as it appears inside the main Weaver CSS file, yet no option I can thing of would create it.

Normally I would assume this is either CSS placed in the Theme Global Custom CSS Rule box, or CSS entered in one of the CSS+ box, in which case there would be some Comment in the CSS file before it indicating that origin, but I don’t see that comment in the file….

Are you by any chance using a CSS optimization plugin that could be responsible for screwing things up here?

Also make sure you clear all caches!!

gunfacts
    Participant

Please ignore my last. I found the culprit in the sidebar layout config area. Likely a left-over from a failed experiment.

Thanks for all your help. You guys are the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.