Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Java Script drop-down menus prevent spiders from crawling beyond your homepage?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

miamax
    Participant
    I recently read that Java Script drop-down menus prevent spiders from crawling the menu links beyond the homepage.
    Is this true, and if so, is Weaver Xtreme written to allow spiders to crawl drop down menu links beyond the home page?
    Thanks for clarifying this.

Weaver
    Keymaster

That information sounds completely bogus to me, at least for typical WordPress menus.

Almost all WordPress menus, including Weaver’s, use standard HTML list elements to define the menu contents. This is what would be used by crawlers. Any JavaScript based menu systems used by most WordPress sites provide dynamic modification to the layout of those list base menus. Any of those actions would be irrelevant to any crawlers.

On the other hand, it is possible there are totally dynamic, AJAX based JavaScript menus used by some sites (highly likely never WordPress sites). I could imaging such menus systems confusing crawlers.

For example, all the pages accessed only via the main menu on the WeaverTheme.com site are fully indexed by search engines.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.