Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Is there a Downloadable version of Xtreme to be used with WordPress.com upgrade

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leigh2018
    Participant

Searched and can’t seem to find an answer to this. Would love to utilize Weaver Xtreme with my clients who have a WordPress.com Business account. Other themes pale in comparison to Xtreme.

scrambler

I don’t think WordPress.com allows that unfortunately.

This is the biggest drawback with WP.com….

Leigh2018
    Participant

Ok thanks for the quick answer. 🙂

There are soooo many drawbacks to WP .com and this is a big one for me, since I have clients that just don’t want to jump out into complete self-hosting. Darn.

Weaver
    Keymaster

WP.com can host wp.org based sites if for some reason WP.com is important to the end user.

Private Reply
    Leigh2018
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

I think that what weaver is saying is that the web site would be developed on wordpress.org, but could then be hosted at wordpress.com.

Weaver
    Keymaster

WordPress.com has a relatively expensive hosting plan for sites based on the WordPress.org version. I know of one site using that solution, and it was because they trusted the WordPress organization. Not really different than most hosting companies – just WP.com instead of SiteGround, GoDaddy, etc.

But you cannot have a WordPress.com site that uses most of the themes available on WordPress.org. There are a few that have made the transition to WP.com, but not many. It very very difficult to get a WP.org theme modified and approved for WP.com.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.