Home Forums Weaver X Tutorials and Hints Is the Weaver Xtreme the same as the Aspen theme?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Abslmm
    Participant

I am trying to migrate a website built on the Aspen theme but the migration backup just runs endlessly when I try to input it on the new WordPress site.  The original site was built on the Aspen theme which now appears to be part of the Weaver Xtreme Theme.  My original thought was that if I uploaded the Aspen theme then the backup input might take.  When I came looking for the Aspen them I saw the icon for the Aspen them is shown on the weaver extreme guide.  Do I have to get a license and load the Weaver Xtreme Guide before the restoration of the Aspen theme will load?

User

@Abslmm

Can you please let us have the URL of the site?

Abslmm
    Participant

The URL is http://drlauraacupuncture.com.  In the last few days, I have migrated the hosting and domain to HostGator.  Since I was unable to migrate the original website using the All In One Migration plugin I just threw up a temporary website saying the website was being remodeled until I saw if I could get the Aspen theme working.  Thanks for your help.

scrambler

There is no reason it would not work if the migration is done right.

Not sure what tool you used, but I would investigate the issue on their side

Weaver
    Keymaster

The Aspen theme is EXTREMELY old, and no longer supported.

I really can’t think of any way to port it to Weaver Xtreme other than a manual update.

Note that if you simply switch to Weaver Xtreme, your site should work.

I don’t even remember any more, but it is possible that you may have used some Aspen specific shortcodes which most likely have equivalent Weaver Xtreme short codes (found in the Weaver Xtreme Support Plugin).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.