Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Is the # of Sticky Posts on a Page with Posts Limited or Unlimited

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    williamweaver
    Participant

Hello,

Desired Result:
    Page with Posts (Eateries) displayed in 3 columns

Featured (Paid for Posts) are to be Sticky

My Result(s):
    Sticky did work (background color was the default greyish color) but after…
    …Changed Display Post Columns to 3 it didn’t, and I can’t seem to make a Sticky post now even after creating a new Page with Posts, so I’m not sure if what I wish to do is possible or have I totally fudged it?!

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I did check around the forum and Tuts, but didn’t come across anything; however, I will admit that my search was not exhaustive.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’m not exactly what you are describing as there is no link to a site to check, but…

When a post is set to be sticky on the post edit visibility setting, it will use styling for .sticky class on posts. By default, Weaver Xtreme always wraps sticky posts with dotted lines at the top and bottom.

There is no limit to how many posts can be marked sticky. Note that sticky styling can most easily be modified with the Sticky Post BG option near the bottom of the Post Area section.

williamweaver
    Participant

Yes, I didn’t post a link as I didn’t think it would help matters.

Seeing as sticky posts are unlimited, I’ll try this again as it must have been something I did wrong somewhere.

scrambler

A link Always matter 🙂

williamweaver
    Participant

http://encounternewfoundland.com/sticky-test/

Set as a page with posts.

The Post->Test 1 is: Visibility: Public, Sticky…The other 3 are not sticky

Sticky Post BG is set to default @ #CFCFCF in: Main Options->Post Specifics->Post Area

Another issue I see on this page is:
    I have Social Sharing Icons being inserted via ->Advanced Options->HTML Insertion->Page Content Bottom.
    Is there a way to have them appear after the posts on this type of page

Yes, I’m a PITA.

scrambler

Well something is up because when I inspect your page the post does not have the sticky class.

Can you create a test page and select the page with posts template for it and nothing else, and see if on that page the posts shows as sticky.

If still nothing, try deactivating ALL non weaver plugins and see if that solves the issue 

scrambler

For the social Icons in the page content bottom:

@weaver, is it normal that the page content bottom is literally after the content editor content but before the posts?

It would seem more logical that After page content means all content in the page, and therefore after the posts in a page with posts.

williamweaver
    Participant

http://encounternewfoundland.com/testing2/stick/ is new testing page

I was using the Author Filter as that seemed like it would be the easiest option for me as I’m not showing the author meta on site, so I could simply assign the posts for the posts per page to Author #2, but after I switched to a different filter (category in this case) it worked.

@weaver ^^ What he said for http://encounternewfoundland.com/sticky-test/

scrambler

I am not following any of what you said 🙂 is the sticky post issue solved?

williamweaver
    Participant

Yes.

This was for sticky post on a page-for-posts page that wasn’t working. I was using the Author – Enter author (use username, including spaces), or list of author IDs to filter posts by, and it appears to have some sort of conflict. What that conflict is I’m unsure, but throwing out the idea for @weaver to look at for his benefit. To solve my problems, I switched the posts by filter to Category – Enter list of category slugs of posts to include.

That’s 12 hours of my life, and 25% of my brain cells donated to the cause. lol

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is indeed a bug in Page with Posts. Sticky posts are handled with Categories and Tags, but not Authors. It will be fixed in the 1.2.5 release.

williamweaver
    Participant

You can leave it to me to find a bug, if a bug exists. lol

williamweaver
    Participant

@weaver More issues with the filtering system for pages-with-posts. 🙁

I tried using category slugs to filter by, but some categories are hyphenated, so that becomes an exclude? it appears, so that option is out.

Only workaround I can see is posting all posts I wish to show into a dummy category and hiding the category dummy, unless you have a better solution until 1.2.5 fix?

scrambler

Have you tried renaming the category changing the hyphen into something else?

williamweaver
    Participant

No I didn’t scrambler…they’re non-negotiable in that respect.

scrambler

At least temporarily as a test to confirm the issue would have been informative

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.