Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Is it possible to replace header image depending on post category?

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Rinaldo
    Participant

On a real mobile phone??? 
    On a small browser window it works.
    On that site I replaced the Cloudflaire nameservers yesterday, but cant deactivate the plugins.

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you need to deactivate a plugin outside the WP Admin, use your host account file browser and simply delete the plugin from the /wp-content/plugins/the-plugin-directory

scrambler
    OK, Regarding the fact that the menu does not transition to mobile on a phone in the page below
    http://irinaafrica.tours/private-guided-safaris/

I went on a tablet in landscape mode, and at first the mobile menu with the hamburger was not there (only the regular desktop.)

then I switched between landscape and portrait a few times ( which switches between desktop and mobile) and then the mobile menu appeared.

On a phone which is always in mobile mode, you are right the menu never switches to the mobile menu, it stays in the desktop stage. The loading of the page appears to take a long time to complete.

My guess is something is preventing the script to complete causing the mobile menu to not be generated.

if I look at the console window on desktop I see the following errors
    HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
    private-guided-safaris

%c100 font: 1em sans-serif; color: white; background-color: #079c2d;padding:2px; Google PageSpeed Score optimized using https://goo.gl/C1gw96
    Test your website: https://pagespeed.pro/tests
    private-guided-safaris (11,13507)
    HTML1423: Malformed start tag. Attributes should be separated by whitespace.
    private-guided-safaris (423,84)
    HTML1409: Invalid attribute name character. Attribute names should not contain (“),(‘),(<), or (=).
    private-guided-safaris (423,84)
    private-guided-safaris (432,105)
    HTML1409: Invalid attribute name character. Attribute names should not contain (“),(‘),(<), or (=).
    private-guided-safaris (432,105)
    private-guided-safaris (439,96)
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘fitVids’ of undefined or null reference
    private-guided-safaris (1502,820)
    JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    jquery-migrate.min.js (2,495)
    CSS3120: No fonts available for @font-face rule
    private-guided-safaris (32,426)
    perf_trace {“name”: “e2e”, “parent”: “PageEvents.BIGPIPE_ONLOAD”}: 6,092.098ms
    CSS3111: @font-face encountered unknown error.
    Genericons.eot
    fonts.min.css (0,40)
    CSS3111: @font-face encountered unknown error.
    Genericons.eot
    private-guided-safaris (32,279)
    HTTP404: NOT FOUND – The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).
    GET – http://irinaafrica.tours/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/js/theme.js

The one that worries me most (but I am not the expert here) is the last one about the theme.js
    @weaver would need to comment if he has any clue on what could be causing the Script to not complete if indeed that is the issue.

scrambler

@rinaldo, have you tried to deactivate ALL non weaver plugins, remove all custom scripts, Clear ALL the caches (plugin, cloudflare..) and test in that configuration?

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is no such file in the theme directory as /weaver-xtreme/js/theme.js

Please disable the wp-deferred-javascripts plugin. I’d bet on it being a problem causer.

The Weaver menus scripts must NOT be deferred!

Rinaldo
    Participant

@weaver This my file. You actually gave me some tips re. this file.
    The script lets thumb nails pop up on hover in the woo single product image. The file was missing, therefore the error message, but this feature had been working for 2 weeks or so.

Thank you @scrambler for bringing this up. One more problem fixed.

The pages where the phone menu is not behaving as it should have absolutely identical set up to the ones that work fine and are in the same menu.

BTW I installed a plugin Simple SSL Fix, now all sites are accepted as secure by Google.

scrambler
    I hope you are not adding a custom script file inside of the weaver-Xtreme directory…
    This is a big No No as it will be lost in the next update…

Custom files need to be in a personal directory, or inside a child theme NEVER inside the Theme or plugin directories, as these get replaced in every update

“The pages where the phone menu is not behaving as it should have absolutely identical set up to the ones that work fine and are in the same menu.”
    Is that a new issue?? If so you need to provide details and links…

Rinaldo
    Participant

1- Thanks, that explains why the file disappeared.
    2- No, its not a new issue. Its still this issue:
    On a phone which is always in mobile mode, you are right the menu never
    switches to the mobile menu, it stays in the desktop stage. The loading
    of the page appears to take a long time to complete.

scrambler

Have you removed the “wp-deferred-javascripts plugin” and any other minifier or javascript optimizer?

Rinaldo
    Participant

Yes, “wp-deferred-javascripts plugin” deactivated, all optimizers disabled

On a phone which is always in mobile mode, you are right the menu never
    switches to the mobile menu, it stays in the desktop stage. The loading
    of the page appears to take a long time to complete.

The reason that it took longer to load was probably the AMP redirect. I disabled it, but the issue remains the same.
    This one works:
    https://irinaafrica.tours/fly-in-safaris/

This one works not:
    https://irinaafrica.tours/private-guided-safaris/

Rinaldo
    Participant

OK, @weaver was right, the culprit is the deferred js

Rinaldo
    Participant

Compressing /assets/css/fonts/genericons/Genericons.svg could save 52,6 KB (68 %)
    Is this file really necessary? 🙂 

Rinaldo
    Participant

OK, @weaver was right, the culprit is the deferred js
    Thanks for your help!

Compressing /assets/css/fonts/genericons/Genericons.svg could save 52,6 KB (68 %)
    Is this file really necessary? smile

scrambler

Next time have a little more faith in what we are telling you, it will save all of us a lot of time ….

Rinaldo
    Participant

No, of course I have faith and do what you or Bruce says.
    The first issue with the menus is not solved (on real phones):
    https://irinaafrica.tours/travels/cape-town-cape-peninsula-day-tour/    &nbsp;

It is rather the other way, you did not believe me, when I said it is not the deferred js plugin. smile

scrambler

Now you are not making any sense.

7:15 AM you say
    “OK, @weaver was right, the culprit is the deferred js”

1:13PM you say
    “It is rather the other way, you did not believe me, when I said it is not the deferred js plugin.”

So is it or is it not the deferred js plugin ???
    have you removed the plugin?
    Have you removed all minifier, compresser, optimizer?

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.