Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Is it possible to have two, three, or four post sliders on the same webpage?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    seklein
    Participant

I am having trouble putting more than one content slider on a page.  The second slider pulls thumbnails from the first slider, adds them to the beginning of the thumbnails on the second slider–but of course, the thumbnails from the first instance don’t play on the second (nor do I want them to), but they do interfere with the second slider’s functioning.  

Is it just not possible to have more than one full-post slider on a page?
    Thanks for your help.
    scrambler

You can have as many as you want so you will need to elaborate.

• I assume by content slider you mean post slider.
    • I assume you created a different filter for each slider that each select a different category of posts.
    • I assume each Slider is set to use the appropriate filter and to show slider as post.
    • I assume the page you are putting the slider in is based on the default template, and not using the “page with posts” template as this could cause problems.

If so, first check each slider individually on a test page based on the default template, and see if it shows the posts that you have specified in the filter.

If they do show the proper posts individually on a page, but not when both on the same page, then create 3 test pages one with the first slider, one with the second slider, and one with both, and give us the links to the 3 pages so we can have a look.

seklein
    Participant

Can tell me where i can send the access info for these pages.  They are on one of our development sites that’s password-protected.  Thanks.

scrambler

We only need access to the web pages, not the admin side. If the public pages are password protected and you don’t want to post a temporary password here, you can PM them to me.

Put all the explanation in this thread though so it is easier to follow thru.

seklein
    Participant

I will send you the credentials separately.  What I want to do with multiple sliders on the same page is tell a story/history in sections using post sliders.  And it would be even better if I could add the sliders on the same page within tabs on the page.  That way, I could break out the story/history on shorter page with the tabs indicating the years or decades.  But trying that, I lost completely the thumbnails on the second slider.

I really appreciate your help!
    scrambler

The credentials are not working.

I also need to know the result of your test, Are both sliders working normally when they are alone in a page?

Is the page holding both sliders based on the default page template?

What are the filters used for each slider, is each slider showing a different category of post?

scrambler

Ok so I looked at your pages and you stumbled upon a bug that I was able to reproduce

@weaver, if you put two different post sliders on the same page, both using sliding thumbnails, the sliders themselves are fine and only show their respective posts, but the sliding thumbnail are getting combined in the second slider.

If you look at the test page below

Link removed (no longer valid)

The first slider has 3 posts in the category large-fi, and below are its 3 thumbnails

The second slider has 3 posts in the category square-fi but below are the combined 3 thumbnails from the first slider and 3 from the second one.

Note: as a separate issue and this is only on my test page, There is a rule (below) in my post slider that is removing the right margin on the featured image. I cant see what I could have done to cause this, unless it is a bug.

.atwkslider .slides .atwk-slide img{border:0;box-shadow:none;margin:0;padding:0;height:auto;-moz-backface-visibility:hidden}

seklein
    Participant

Scrambler, thanks for checking into this!  Any idea how long it takes for the developers to fix this bug?  I am on a project right now where I REALLY want to use more than one post slider on a page.

scrambler

Given it is in the plugin, it could be really fast, weaver is the one that can confirm when he reads the posts. By using @ and weaver he has been notified.

seklein
    Participant

Will there be an update or a notice or a friendly email or a new post here to let me know that the bug has been smashed and the plugin works as planned?

scrambler

I have sent a Personal message to weaver to make sure he has seen this and will update when I have an answer

seklein
    Participant

Thank you.

Weaver
    Keymaster

This has been fixed now. Update your Weaver Sliders plugin to 1.2.6

scrambler

Thanks !

Fix is working on my test site

seklein
    Participant

Great!  I’m going to update now and get cranking on my project!  Thank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.