Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme iphone 5 cuts off table right edge

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  docrocks 2 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

docrocks
    Participant

I’ve taken over a site that uses Weaver (I’m a Weaver newbie) and am developing a new Contact page here which contains a table. It displays OK on iphone 6-8 but the table right edge is clipped on the right edge in iphone 5. but displays OK in iphone 5s which has a slightly wider screen. Must I set the width of the table narrower or is there a way to set a style sheet limit on the table width? 

Private Reply

docrocks
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

scrambler

using a table for this is really not a good choice.

Tables are not very responsive which is a major drawback in today world with so many mobile devices.

You could just use the WordPress Block editor column block, add one two column block for each line.

if you insist on the table, it seems the problem is the width of the Email address, so the best way to avoid the issue is to reduce the font-size of that element a bit.

You can do that globally by adding a style attribute with the font-size CSS property on the element like below

<a style="font-size: 95%;" href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

or add a class to the element like below

<a class="myemail" href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

then add the CSS rule below to the theme global custom CSS rule box to change the size only on mobile

.is-mobile .myemail {font-size:95%;}

docrocks
    Participant

Thanks scrambler. As you explain it the block approach fits better with the WP way of building a web page rather than adding code. I’ll give it a try

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is time to start using the block editor, for sure.

But even then, the share of the iPhone 5 is only 4% of all iPhones being used these days, which is really below the level that seriously needs separate support for a specific device. That would likely amount to 1% or less of all browser traffic.

docrocks
    Participant

The block approach worked well. Problem solved!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.