Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Internal 500 error from Weaver Xtreme plus, Google can’t find

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    booth1
    Participant

Hi all,

Finaly launched the site I was working on, huge thank you Scrambler for all your help. I am having an issue getting Google to crawl the site and went through support wiith my host (wpengine). We messed around with a number of things involving the robots.txt and sitemap and in the end the hosts found the following issue which they reckon is the problem:
    Hey there,

It looks like Google may have thought the site is unreachable because your site returns a 500 error:

@macbook:~$ curl -IL -A "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)" ally-law.com
    HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

The error logs show the following error whenever we load your page:

[Tue Apr 21 23:14:32 2015] [error] [client 66.162.212.19] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /nas/wp/www/cluster-2738/allylaw/wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_runtime_lib.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 1
    [Tue Apr 21 23:23:26 2015] [error] [client 66.162.212.19] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /nas/wp/www/cluster-2738/allylaw/wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_runtime_lib.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 1

We’re uncertain what code or actions are being evaluated by Weaver Xtreme Plus, however, disabling the plugin or fixing the code may resolve the 500 Internal Server Error on your site, then Googlebot will be able to crawl your site.”

So when I try and fetch http://www.ally-law.com using google webmaster it gives a a “redirected” status which is fine. When I try and fetch without the www. I get “unreachable”

Any ideas how to fix this? Obviously I can’t deactivate the plugin because it is a major part of the site.

Thanks for your help guys

Tyrhone

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is only one reason for that PHP eval error – bad user PHP in the Actions and Filters option.

You’ve added PHP code there that is illegal. It is really beyond the scope of this forum to debug user PHP code.

But from the message, it may be that you copied/pasted code that has translated a < to a &lt;.

booth1
    Participant

You were dead on Weaver. So the only PHP I added was for a font ( I followed directions form the font site). As soon as I removed that code which I will paster here. Google managed to crawl the site. And from what I can tell the font still seems active. Thanks for the heads up!

Weaver
    Keymaster

@booth1:

If you use Weaver Xtreme Plus’s add a font section (Font Control at the bottom of the Fonts & Custom tab), you should be able to add fonts from almost any site there. There are extra instructions in the help, I believe. The big advantage of doing it that way rather than pasting some code elsewhere is that the font will then show up in all of Weaver’s font family lists – you can select the font directly from the pull down options, even in the Page/Post editor page. Very cool feature.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.