Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Insert Space Above Primary Sidebar

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hkp
    Participant

Hi @Scrambler

The site is: https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/

I have now started to use Xtreme breadcrumbs which moves the right Primary Sidebar down about ~20px. from the Menu on all pages except for the Home Page, where the Primary Sidebar touches the Menu.

How can I move the Primary Sidebar down a little on the home Page, so it matches all the other pages?

I tried:
    .wrapper .primary-widget-area {margin-top:20px !important;}
    but it does not work and nor do any variations I have tried.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

scrambler

You were close

#primary-widget-area {margin-top:30px;}

But give there is no breadcrumbs on the home page I am not sure that makes sense 🙂

hkp
    Participant

@Scrambler

Thanks indeed. That was my first try but it would not work.

I was putting it in the Child/style.css but now find that the file is no longer being read by WP.

But when I put it into the CSS+ Rules it did work as predicted.

However…. as you thought it may not be a good idea. It was not, as it dropped the Primary Widget Area on all the post pages too, rather than just the front page. So there was an extra gap there…. and it did not look good.

But now also seeing it in action on the Front Page, I have decided to abandon it. After all, often 85%-100% of our users use phones….. so the desktop reader is a rare breed for us now.

Yep… another good idea that didn’t pan out as hoped 🙂

And no… I’m not going to try and find out why the child/style.css is not found. Things are working and I can use the Customizer if I ever need to add global CSS. I’ll let that sleeping dog lie undisturbed for the time being.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

scrambler

All CSS should go in the Theme Global Custom CSS Rule box. No need of a child theme for custom CSS.

Only use a child theme if you are making PHP changes on the theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.