October 23, 2014 at 19:33 UTC - Views: 104 #17408
There is a new Site called Weaver Guides where you can find help and tutorial articles.
The new site is a lot easier to search, thanks to index pages as well as Search Filters on categories, tags and keywords.
As a result, All New Tutorials will be posted on that site, and I will be moving existing Tutorials below to the new site.
As the tutorials below get moved to the new site, I will be making their names link to the new Site Article.
All the tutorials reference options location from the Legacy Admin interface found in Appearance > Weaver Xtreme Admin.
You must have installed the free Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin to see the Legacy Admin pages
If you are using the Customizer, you will have to figure out the corresponding location.
Below is an index of all the entries in each of the threads named
A) Weaver Xtreme Tips and Tutorials (part x) (starting from the last).
Some are featured on the demo site here: http://demo.weavertheme.com/
The demo site also has a page with help buble to help you locate the options for the various theme elements. http://demo.weavertheme.com/support/
The number is the one reflected in (partxx) of the thread name and it links to the thread.
Remember to check the Whole discussion group for other tutorial threads http://forum.weavertheme.com/categories/weaver-x-tutorials-and-hints
• Maintaining Hover BG color on Top menu item when hovering its sub menu items
• Making the equivalent of show_if / hide_if shortcodes for device classes like Ipad, ios, android, macos and windows
• Styling the tabs shortcode for button style tabs (or others) and various behaviors
• Changing Split Sidebar width on a per page basis
• Creating a splash page with just a piece of content centered both horizontally and vertically
• Expanded search bar
• Logo Image and menu side by side
• Fixed width left sidebar with vertical menu, that switches to a sidebar on top with a slide open mobile menu under a specific browser width (requires the weaver “Plus” plugin)
• Additional Social Button or icon replacement
• Make the search shortcode slide open
• Display posts as Title + Featured Image with Featured Image above the title.
• Making 3 & 2 columns styling flush on the left and the right
• Showing post in more than 3 columns for non masonry columns
• Additional formatting choices for the YouTube or Vimeo shortcode
• Optimizing parallax images for portrait and landscape
• Styling WordPress Custom Menu Widget
• Adding a Menu label beside the Hamburger Icon On mobile
• Changing Submenus from Vertical to Horizontal
• Have a different header image on Mobile
• Simple centered horizontal menu with separators
• Style Current page Parent page
• Remove general border on specific images
• Make the Slide open Mobile Menu display in 2 columns on small tablets
• Adding responsive columns or widgets in content areas
• Changing alignment of site copyright and credits
• Centering Site Title / Tagline, or Header HTML
• Favorite post star before Post Title
• Button style menus
• Have text clear the post featured image on mobile
• Fixed top and Fixed bottom insertion areas
• Increase space between Menu items
• Change Mobile menu 3 bars icon to text or an image
• Styling Comments
• Removing “Add HTML” areas on extra menus (shortcode or widget)
• Wrapping of Add HTML areas and menu items
• Taking advantage of the “Add classes” option box.
• Displaying first post full width and succeeding posts in columns
• Shifting Sub Sub Menu left
• Wrapping text of Sub menus and or limiting their width
• Menu bar Height.
• Move Header HTML content area over header image.
• Style Mobile menu horizontal divider lines differently for each menu.
• Default margin / padding on the edge of menu bars
• Additional styling for Simple Vertical menu.
• Flow Color, Equal Height Widget Rows and dynamic content
• Responsive and Adaptive Layouts for multiple widgets inside Widget Areas.
• Equal heights widget Rows.
• Add Content to the right of the Info Bar
• Change alignment of the Mobile Menu Bar Icon (3 bars)
• Limiting the width of the mobile slide open menu and moving it to the right
B ) Individual Tutorials:
C) OthersDecember 8, 2016 at 03:01 UTC - Views: 75 #20143
- Converting a Weaver II (Pro) Site to Xtreme
- Full Width Designs Includes a method to control the height of a full width header image on large browsers (2d post)
- Weaver Xtreme Layouts and insertion areas visualization
- How to create help popups on hover
- Changing the Mobile Menu Threshold using Smart Menus
Responsive Sizing: Two little known CSS properties
Find below a new small tutorial on the Weaver Xtreme Guide site
Previous recent new Guide Articles
http://guide.weavertheme.com/posts-changing-featured-image-layout-on-mobile/February 20, 2017 at 21:13 UTC - Views: 62 #36073
Latest added Guide article from me on the “plus” Plugin, New Flex Column widget.
Keep an eye on all the new article from weaver too by looking at the Article page sorted by date (Menu > Articles > All posts)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.