Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme images uploading very slow

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Answered

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi,

as was recommended by WEAVER i deactivated all plugins which minifies CSS and lazy image because i was told that the theme already have this features and adding additional ones “breaks” the theme (saw it in google console also) but since then all images are uploading very slow affecting the performance and makes people who visit to run away – please advise if something can be done to improve this.

tnx

scrambler

Please provide a link to your site pages that you find load slowly

[email protected]
    Participant

scrambler

I don’t really see a speed issue, but I did notice that there is something weird going on with your images

Although your images name have the Jpeg extension, when I right click and do save picture as on my desktop, they are saved as png images and are quite oversize.

For example, the dog image below

https://www.dogmessenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/148176938-specialty-premium-grocery-store-brand-dog-foods-632×475.jpg

Downloads as untitled.png with a size of 495kB.

The same image saved as a high quality Jpeg is only 80 kB

So check what is the size of that particular image in your library. If it is 495kB, then there is something wrong in the way you uploaded your images.

[email protected]
    Participant

i don’t understand what you mean by saying “Downloads as untitled.png with a size of 495kB”

if you meant to “save as” to my desktop so when i saved it was downloaded with the same name, same size (49k which is the same on media library) and as jpeg….

i’m also not the one who uploaded it in the first place so no copy was on my desktop prior to this download…

regarding speed issues – i did the audit on google lighthouse using incognito window (the audit made for mobile users which is my main traffic device source)¬† as is recommended and their are some issues with performance which some of them referring to images¬† …please advise

tnx

Best Answer

scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Not sure what happened, I did a save as again and this time it did download as a small jpeg. SO forget that.

I don’t see any speed issues on my side, the site loads fast.

I don’t know google lighthouse so I cant help with their report. @weaver may know more, but you would need to provide the exact report about image issues to see if it is relevant

[email protected]
    Participant

tnx i’ll wait @weaver – the auditing tool is public and under chrome dev tools

Weaver
    Keymaster

When I just looked at the site, all the images loaded essentially instantly, and were all using the .jpg version of the image.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.