Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Images on posts don’t load on social sites

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lostinspace
    Participant

I’m trying to have posts appear on social media sites much as they do with pages, but the images on the posts do not populate the way that they do when I provide a link to a page.  Is this fixable?  FYI…I have very limited knowledge of  CSS.  Thanks for any help!

scrambler

you probably need to use an SEO plugin like Yoast SEO, in order to control that

lostinspace
    Participant

I’m giving Yoast SEO a try.  Thanks for that.  I have another more serious problem.  I believe that it started before adding the Yoast plugin.  When I try to edit pages the url populates but all I get is a blank screen.  I’ve tried clicking on EDIT from the page and also from the dashboard…same response.

scrambler

That looks like a Word press issue.

I would first try to deactivate all plugins and see if the issue disappear. If it does reactivate one by one.

You can also try redoing the last WordPress update from the dashboard > Update.

You can also go and resave the permalinks

lostinspace
    Participant

I tried disabling all plugins but it still wouldn’t work.  I tried updating to WP 5.8.2 but it says another update is in process (seems stuck on this message since at least last night).  IIt won’t update.  I don’t know how to work with permalinks.

lostinspace
    Participant

The funny thing is that it allowed me to update for a short while this morning.

scrambler

What update is it stuck on?

Latest WP is 5.8.2, If you are unable to rerun the update, you may want to ask for help from your host provider.

Permalinks are in Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.

Resaving them sometimes help clear up errors for pages.

lostinspace
    Participant

I just contacted my host and they found errors in my database but they don’t help with that.  Is there a way for me to allow you to have access to my error log?  There’s a lot there.

lostinspace
    Participant

Resaving Permalinks had no effect.

scrambler

I am not really qualified to resolve WordPress installation issues, you would probably get better support for that on the WordPress forum.

Are you still unable to redo the last WordPress update?

Also, have you tested switching to a different theme momentarily and testing the page editing pages, in case it would be the Weaver installation that would be corrupted.

Before you try that, so Save your theme settings and download a copy to your computer for good measure.

hkp
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.