Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Image on page borders?

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jczapkowicz 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jczapkowicz
    Participant

Does either the free or paid version of Weaver Extreme enable an image on just the borders of the pages sitewide? When I try to add a background image, it only adds to the content area. I could do it on Weaver II, but can’t seem to find it on Extreme. Trying to get it just on the outside edges: https://bigbearteam.com

Maureen
    Participant

What I think you want to do is purchase Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin. There you can add an image in the container background. Then fill the content area with a solid color. Add padding to the content area so the background image in the container peeks through along the border.

Wait till you hear back from Scrambler or Weaver to confirm what I wrote before you purchase Weaver X Plus (which is a great plugin and worth it!).

scrambler

I am not sure about what you mean by “ enable an image on just the borders of the pages sitewide

Do you mean a background image behind the site filling the whole Browser?

If so, Plus does make it easier by adding an option for it. Without plus, you can use CSS place in the outside BG CSS+ box

jczapkowicz
    Participant

This was the old version using Weaver II.  I’m just trying add back the wood “border”, but not sure of the correct terminology…

old site

Maureen
    Participant

Yes, the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin can add the full scree background image.

Once installed, go to Weaver Admin / Main Opts / Wrapping Areas / and scroll down to Background Img.

scrambler

Yes, this is the overall background image, so my last post was accurate as far as ways to do it 🙂

Bobthearch
    Participant

You don’t need to buy the Plus plugin.  I was able to do it, but it’ll take me a minute to look and see how…

http://hikeraton.com/

Bobthearch
    Participant

I don’t have the Background options in the Weaver Admin panel, perhaps because I didn’t buy the Plus plugin, but it’s here in the Customizer on the side:

scrambler

You are right of course, the overall background image is a WordPress setting.

Oversight 🙂

Maureen
    Participant

I’m so used to Weaver X Plus that I automatically think of it.

jczapkowicz
    Participant

Thanks, but when I try that, it fills my entire content box and covers my text.  Is there another step to make it only appear on the borders/edges of the content box as you have on your site?

jczapkowicz
    Participant

Actually, I think I just figured it out.  When I transferred over from Weaver II, the background color changed to “inherit”.  When I added a color, it seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks again!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.