Home Forums Archived Forums Not Theme Related I redirected a blog to a former e-commerce site, and it doesn’t look right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    allpurposeguru
    Participant

Specifically, Sustaining Our World was a failed store. I wanted to use the domain for a blog. So I deactivated the old theme, deleted all the old posts and pages, deleted all the e-commerce plugins, installed Weaver II Pro, and then did the export/import routine. Now there are bits and pieces of the old menu above and below the header, and an obsolete opt-in form and a stack of eight logos from the old store between the header and what ought to be at the top of the screen. I went back and deleted the old theme. It didn’t help at all. Any idea where this crap is lurking so I can get rid of it and have my blog look like it did before? 

allpurposeguru
    Participant

Oh, the domain is http://sustainingourworld.com — sorry for forgetting that little detail.

Gillian

Have you checked your widgets and deleted all those that aren’t required?

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you are starting a fresh site, it would be better to reinstall WordPress from scratch – or at least clear out the database. Use something lke myPhpAdmin to empty the data base, and then WP should do a fresh install – ask for name, admin name, etc. Then the database will start empty and not have possible junk to cause problems later.

But it really is beyond the scope of the support here to try to figure out what remnants you have, or where they came from. This is really a WordPress management issue, and not related to the theme.

allpurposeguru
    Participant

Thanks. I reinstalled WordPress, and the crap is gone. 

Weaver
    Keymaster

Always the best plan for a new/fresh start site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘ Not Theme Related’ is closed to new topics and replies.